Deer hunters discover large marijuana-growing operation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Hunters looking for deer in the mountains of central Utah found something much different and much more expensive: marijuana plants worth millions of dollars on the street.

So far, it's estimated deputies have pulled up about 7,000 marijuana plants, and they expect to pull just as many tomorrow. It's the latest marijuana grow of several discovered in remote areas of Utah in recent weeks.

Thousands of marijuana plants were growing in an area east of Ephraim in Sanpete County. Chopper Five was over the pot farm as deputies began the job of removing the plants.

Deer hunters stumbled onto the marijuana this weekend and alerted police.

"There are several different grow sites, and with the different grow sites, there are several thousand plants," said Sanpete County sheriff's Sgt. Greg Peterson.

This is how one hunter who saw the marijuana describes how the plants were being watered: "They had RainBirds. They had plastic pipe running everywhere that was pressurized. The water is coming from a spring up there. They would dig little holes around each plant to fill with water to water the root system. Quite an operation."

The hunters encountered two men who police believe were actually living at the grow site watering the plants and guarding the grow operation. One of the suspects was armed with a handgun.

"Our deputy went up into there, and a couple of suspects started running. They grabbed what they could and took off running, and they ended up catching them and making the arrest," Peterson said.

Cesar Duran-Frias and Jose Rodriquez were taken into custody.

Photos from the site detail the size of the growing operation as well as the process the suspects were using to harvest the pot and begin to dry it out.

It's an operation the Sanpete County Sheriff's Office is glad to have shut down. "Especially as much as there is, it's really good to get it off of the mountain before it is harvested and before they start selling it and getting it on the street," Peterson said.

Authorities aren't talking tonight about who else may have been involved in this. Some deputies are keeping a watch on the site tonight, and many more officers will return tomorrow to start removing the thousands of plants.

Video and pictures at:

hxxp://tinyurl.com/6c2oq7

snitches! like they've never broken a law. two murders turn in pot farmers. theres justice for ya. we can talk a life when ever we chose but can't grow a plant.. what a crazy world we live in

Good. Another Mexican commercial grow. This I hope will lead up to being the catalyst to finally end the war on personal freedom. If there was no profit they would not bother to try. Savvy. I only hope our politicians are wise enough to figure that out.

The product of the powers-that-be is jobs for LEO, judges, prosecutors, LIARS, prisons and employees ;) The $$ is spent, nothing comes back in, to the tune of $$$100,000,000,000 yearly

I agree, the prohibition has got to stop :aok:

I wouldn't have a problem with them growing the plant. I think more of the problem is the fact that they are growing that many in the middle of the woods destroying the land rather than 400 acres of prime heartland farm acreage.

Grow it all you want on a farm, after they END PROHIBITION! And I anxiously await your product at my local smoke shop!

It kinda suprises me they are mexican cause there are way more Tongans there than mexicans and they are usually the ones with grow opperations and out selling stuff.

Slomo how is killing deer murder? Are you really comparing an animals life to that of a human? Keep your tree hugging to yourself. Trust me every time any of you refuses to eat meat, I'll eat an extra plate. And for every animal you try to save from the mean hunters I'll go kill 2 more than I need.

Back on topic though. Whoa crazy bust. I hate reading things like this and how the land is being destroyed and its all pots fault. Because in reality it is prohibition that has created this problem. When will they wake up?

Just be patient and toke up anyways.

It will be legal one day.

We just must keep pushing forward.

Marc Emery getting busted doesn't help the funding to the movement at all.

P.s. just to let you know the humans are beneficial to the limiting factor of many certain animals, and if we didn't kill them, the civilized environment we have set up for them supplies them with tons of food. They would overpopulate and extint the species they feed on. They in return would ruin the whole ecosystem.

It's like a domino set.

But also, WITHOUT vegitarians, there would be TOO MUCH killing and hunting and eating. So whatever you do, enjoy it and stand up for it because you are doing the right thing anyways.

damn, i hunt, why can't i stubel on something like that, i would just want a cople plants lol

Latest posts

Back