Defficiency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankpeterson

Proffessor
Reaction score
This is the flowering phase and know that botom leaves will turn yellow. Look at them in general do they look like their lacking something?

76.jpg

mornin' frank..sho' 'nuff looks N defficient..but "why"?..
I skimmed your journal, looking for some answers. Mighta' missed it, but where is your ph?..straight water, with nutes added, runoff???
I see you repotted in fresh soil just prior to flowering, type/brand?..
N P K of your nutes?..
"Bloom fortifier"...??
They looked great through veg, "IMHO" something is locking out your N, possibly iron and mg, too.

Hey hick,

The Nutrients being used are flora nova grow for vedge and flora nova bloom for flower also we add a bloom fortifer to the bloom. We wanted to try these nutrients because they are not manufactured around here and wanted to see how they would do. Currently starting the 5th week of flowering, heres the specs:

Flora Nova Grow: 7-4-10

Flora Nova Bloom:4-8-7

When feeding, we generally used light doses cause of the widows sensitivity to nutes. Perhaps to light? How are we gonna get more N in there now already more than 50 % completed flowering. They were not repotted into flowering, only one was transplanted from it's small pot to one of the 3 gallons. This is now the best plant. As for PH, never quite got around to that, this time around. Their fed filtered water with nutes. Recently just gave water to try and flush any nonsense out. As for the soil it's plagrims grow mix and is superior in quality around here.

Thanks

only one was transplanted from it's small pot to one of the 3 gallons. This is now the best plant.
...would indicate "to me", that posibly the others soil is tired/used up. The small repotted plant has recieved the same nuites/treatments as all the others? (I couldn't find dittly on your soil mix)..
Recently just gave water to try and flush
without knowledge of the ph, we're pretty much shooting in the dark, but seeing no problems in veg state w/ your mix, let's assume that isn't the issue.

..a "great" source of fast easy N, is worm casting tea. It also contains a substantial amount of micro nutes. Try 1 cup of castings in a sock, soaked in 2 gallon of water. if you have a method to "bubble" the tea while it's brewing, all the better.

Thanks hick,

Don't know if we can go about it that way. What if we changed the soil right now? Is it far to late to bother with that?

Yup.."I" think it's too late for a trasplant. At this point she's concentrating on bud formation. It's been my experience, that the roots won't grow much at this stage.

"No" castings?...
How about blood meal?..a "weak" blood meal tea might work. Seems like blood meal affected my ph though. I can't recall.

Hmmm...Frank is in Holland...not sure what products I share in common with him. I have heard of Plagron (is it plagron or plagrim?), it is good stuff. Of the top of my head, I'm guessing WW will finish pretty fast being a white. Might be too far along to make an effect for the better at this point.

Then I thought of something that really wouldn't hurt. See how far the top of the soil is from the pot?

I have some mixed opinions on the term 'rootbound' take a look at HGB's grow journal and you will see why.....but, it does take a much different approach to finish her of in less soil...probably more food for one.

Think about this and see if you feel comfotable trying it. Gently take her out of the pot, like you are going to transplant, and put a couple of inches of new wet soil in the bottom and slide her back in. I know you are new to growing MJ but I know you grow some other stuff too. All of us that have grown anything at all probably know that with enough care, transplant shock can be greatly minimized...if not eliminated. I know I have seen a hardy strain show no shock at all. ;)

Dunno if it will help this late in flower like Hick said but pretty sure it won't hurt.

Thanks e-man we will give it a shot, sounds good to me. Suprisingly our cantaloupe plant is suffering from these same "color" issues. By the way, yes your right plagron grow mix. At week 5 of the flowering phase, were hoping that the big fan leaves don't get damaged and they have enough juice to make it through flowering.

frankpeterson said:
Thanks e-man we will give it a shot, sounds good to me. Suprisingly our cantaloupe plant is suffering from these same "color" issues. By the way, yes your right plagron grow mix. At week 5 of the flowering phase, were hoping that the big fan leaves don't get damaged and they have enough juice to make it through flowering.

Gonna get some smoke for sure bro, take what you learned and come back and show us what you can do next time around. :farm: I've heard good things about the Plagron nutes too.;)

getting worse as time progresses. Almost like the buds are sucking the energy from the leaves.

frankpeterson said:
If we added a bunch of perlite. Would that bring the nitro up?

Typically perlite doesn't have any nutrients except that MG stuff. Even that stuff only has a drop of N in the whole bag, tis' a marketing gimmick so they can put "feeds" on the front of the bag.

She will cannabalize her fan leaves to keep her flowers alive, some strains more than others.

Any new pics?

Latest posts

Back