dirt sog, hand watering questions..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
For the guys growing with sog's in soil.. how are you handwatering? do u have a catch pan below the plants and water frequently with less water so there isnt much run off, or do you remove the plants to water them in the bathtub,etc.?

I currently remove my plants from the tent and water in the bathtub to let them drain.. this would be a PITA with 30+ plants..
I was either thinking watering more frequently with less runoff, or having them slightly staggered so I woud water a row a day.. something like that..

thanks for any suggestions.

I use a 5 gal bucket down by my tent. Pull the plants out 1 at a time and soak them. There maybe a little runoff, but not much. My humidity is between 20% to 30% so it evaporates very quickly.

I use 60 gal rez with 1200gph sump pump and nice Goodyear hose and wand to water. Rez has 2, 12" airstones in it. Water when needed. Saucer goes under each plant, a oversize one. If I have too much run off, which is hardly ever. I suck it out with shopvac.

I move mine out of the grow to...I have to move at least the ones in the front, to get to the ones in the back....and yes it is a pain...lol...even with 10 or so....it would really suck with 30...but it has to be done. I designed my box with a drain in the floor that I could slide a rubbermaid container under to catch any overflow/spills, but I can't get to the plants in the back without moving the plants in the front....lol....hydro is looking better all the time!

Latest posts

Back