Do You Think There Was Prehistoric Cannabis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hashassin

Cough Cool
Reaction score
so i was watching I Am legend and there is a scene where hes growing corn in central park..that go tme thinking..If i was the only fella in Ny..Some Sour diesel would be growing in central park.... = )..the i started thinking about prehistoric cannabis and the plants that have gone extinct on this planet since the begining of time that could have been medicinal..maybe i smoke to much..hence all this thinking. but i mean its a cool thought.ya know?.some scientist finds a prehistoric cannabis seed the size of a golf ball preserved in some pouch of a frozen cromagnon shaman..and we are golden..lets just hope its female..now back to my pipe....:rolleyes:

yes, it has been prooven that there was.
Weed was discoved buried with an acient mummy, it was found it strange ceramic Jars....and the weed was surprisingly well perserved.
imagine if the nuggs have been curing allllllll that time...wow crazy smoke

Word eh...Word..Cannabisopic Jars...But Imagine.PREHISTORIC BUD if dragonflys were the size of minivans imagine the ginat purple sticky caveman buds!!! ya see man had to invent the bong in order to relax and invent the wheel..true story..

Marrijuanna's first 12,000 years
Of all the plants men have ever grown, none has been praised and denounced as often as marijuana (Cannabis sativa). Throughout the ages, marijuana has been extolled as one of man's greatest benefactors - and cursed as one of his greatest scourges. Marijuana is undoubtedly a herb that has been many things to many people. Armies and navies have used it to make war, men and women to make love. Hunters and fishermen have snared the most ferocious creatures, from the tiger to the shark, in its herculean weave. Fashion designers have dresses the most elegant women in its supple knit. Hangmen have snapped the necks of thieves and murderers with its fiber. Obstetricians have eases the pain of childbirth with its leaves. Farmers have crushed its seeds and used the oil within to light their lamps. Mourners have thrown its seeds into blazing fires and have had their sorrow transformed into blissful ecstasy by the fumes that filled the air.

The earliest known evidence of marijuana in human hands dates back approximately 10,000 years to a prehistoric village that was discovered in Taiwan in 1972. Pottery shards unearthed there bore the distinct impression of hemp cord, conclusively proving that marijuana has been in use since the Stone Age.

Known in Chinese languages as Ma, this hardy annual herb is arguably the "mother" of agricultural civilization. Ma provided to be a renewable food source and a durable textile fiber for the manufacture of rope and fabric, setting agro-industrial China far ahead of hunter-gatherer tribes in other parts of the world. Besides its many textile and medicinal uses, marijuana yields seeds rich in B vitamins, protein, and amino acids, which have served as China's second or third most important agricultural food source for thousands of years. While evidence of marijuana in use as a medicine has been found in Egyptian ruins dated as early as the 16th century BC, and digs at ancient Hebrew sites have unearthed evidence of medical marijuana as an aid to childbirth long before the time of Christ, the many uses of marijuana have proved to be an invaluable resource in the continuous survival of Chinese culture from its distant origins to the present day.

The earliest known material identified as hemp fabric was found in an ancient burial site from the Chou Dynasty (1122-1249 BC), confirming numerous historical references to the importance of hemp in early China. In the Book of Rites (circa 200 BC) mourners were instructed to wear hemp fabric out of respect for the dead, a tradition which survives to this day.

Perhaps most importantly, the Chinese invention of hemp paper around 200 BC revolutionized record-keeping processes fundamental to orderly government. Although the secret was kept from the rest of the world for 900 years, hemp papermaking eventually became indispensable to the rapid development of all civilizations throughout the world. Thousands of years before hemp paper became a central fixture of European civilizations, the industrial and medical uses of Ma were deeply rooted in China, the country historically known as "the land of mulberry and hemp."

For the entire article, CLICK HERE

I recognized the text from Hick's quote above. Followed the link and I'm certain I have the book in hardcover, found for a few bucks in the bargain bin.
It's a fascinating topic, our relationships to the plant world.

and if you followed the shroom back to its microbial beginning you'd find yourself staring at the "beginnings" of the terra formed earth as we know it!

i want some pre historic herb. if they had bigger bugs back then, i'm betting they had MORE resinous plants. :D

Latest posts

Back