Does anyone else encounter this issue???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redeye88

Reaction score
im using a 400w converter ballast to switch between MH & HPS bulbs....i have the ballast plugged into a free timer i got from HTG Supply.com....

the thing that i'm worried about is that on a few occasions, when it was time for the light to automatically turn back on, it would either turn on a little later than when i set the timer, or have trouble turning on at all...like it makes a buzzing noise and looks like theres electrical current inside the bulb but jus wont turn on..

has anyone else encountered this? also, how serious is this occurence during flowering or vegging? will the plant die if it happens a few times?

I havent encountered that...however I dont use a timer (heard too many dont go on off at right times) I have my phone alarm set to tell me when to turn them on and off.

yup I had the same thing. email htg and they will send u a replacement cord.. the green cord is defective.. its probably burning ur bulb out too, tell them that.. they will send u a new bulb with it.

Timers scare the crap out of me..

left unchecked for a few days, they can mess up a good crop...that said...

spend a few bucks and get a good timer that you can rely on and you'll rest easy homey..

Relentless999 said:
yup I had the same thing. email htg and they will send u a replacement cord.. the green cord is defective.. its probably burning ur bulb out too, tell them that.. they will send u a new bulb with it.

I think relentless has the hot tip for you, redeye...:rolleyes:

2Dog said:
I havent encountered that...however I dont use a timer (heard too many dont go on off at right times) I have my phone alarm set to tell me when to turn them on and off.

Hi 2dog...

With all due respect, you heard wrong... Sure you can get a bad timer but they are few and far between ime... imho you really should go buy yourself a good digital timer that is rated for 15 amps minimum with a backup battery and stop the madness! :p Hydrofarm makes a good timer that is relatively easy to program. Your plants need to be kept on a very rigid 12/12 schedule when flowering or the stress can do a lot of bad things like prevent them from flowering at full force and can delay development and finishing off for your harvest. The digital timers with a backup battery will maintain the proper setting even if the power goes out during a storm and the mechanical timers just get stupid.

Peace!:cool:

HydrofarmTimer.jpg

I hear ya dirty...so far I am perfect with the lighting..not to brag. I never mess it up. I will get a timer eventually. right now my 12/12 are outside so no timer is needed and my inside is on 18/6 which I just do myself..off 1-7 pm saves me electricity as well... so far so good. I will be getting a timer for when I am unable to be here to switch the lights during the day. I trust myself more than the little technologies unfortunately..shoot I may be the last type 1 diabetic not on an insulin pump...I tend to do things the manual way. comforts me and honestly I am a bit OCD... like I said I trust myself lol...

Sounds good 2dog... It sounds like you got it under control. :eek:

Latest posts

Back