Does this look right for edibles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alright Mang , I will do a side by side , grind up 1 ounce in coffee grinder and bake in a brownie mix

and decarb an ounce at 230 degrees for 25-35 minutes and put in brownie mix

side by side , give to the testing crew to eat and then get their feedback on potency

it should be an interesting experiment
No, I cook the weed in butter, then in mix. I bet you get a lot of offers to work there! I claim the cooking in butter does the decarb. I guess so would the baking, I just never did it without butter. Carry on!

Bubba

No, I cook the weed in butter, then in mix. I bet you get a lot of offers to work there! I claim the cooking in butter does the decarb. I guess so would the baking, I just never did it without butter. Carry on!

Bubba
It partly does but when you do it correctly the not so hot cookies become rocket fuel
Live and learn silly.
I have seen lab print outs of tests performed on butter done both ways and the decarb showed way more converted THC available . But you know so do it your way.

Why Decarb Is Necessary When Making Butter / Oil
Many people ask why they need to decarboxylate their weed before making butter / oil. After all, the marijuana will sit and stew in hot butter / oil for a while. And this is true, to a point. Raw marijuana will decarboxylate when making butter or oil, but the end result won’t be nearly as potent as it could have been.

By decarboxylating the marijuana first, you can ensure that every last drop of THC-A is converted to the desired THC. Put simply, you are wasting your weed by not properly decarbing it first.

It may just be me, my body processes differently I don't know. I've played with weed a little over 50 years tried it every which way. Yes, I've read the stuff. and for me, as long as it's been steeped in some kind of fat, it works for me. Maybe not everybody, but for me.

Another thing about edibles for me, and I get a little resistance from folks on this too, is that the high is always the same, other than intensity and duration which for me, is dose dependent. By the same, I mean I don't get the big indica v sativa effects, it all seems the same to me when in edible form.

I get what everyone is saying, I've read over the years the point to my comment is what I notice, when I consume. I keep butter around. If I make cookies, it's simple sugar cookies and I use my butter for that called for in recipe. The butter is 2 stucks butter with 10-15 grams of weed. Ground up, set out to dry, crushed finer through strainer to get tiny sticks and debris in out. Simmers on low for quite a while, as it is my mashed and mixed. Water added, brought to boil, turned off, into fridge until cold. Works great for me.

So I figure, given all the testing over this process, and I have not studied their various methodologies for sampling errors, there is something to it.

So, either simmering in butter for extended time, the baking in the oven, or the exposure to hydrochloric acid in the stomach performs a trick ( basically how isomerization works) For me, and then It guess my bodies fat absorption process takes over finishing the job.

Smoking it obviously must perform the trick so why doesn't simmering and baking? Or the process of digestion. Maybe my weed absorption process is different. Come on over and eat a glob of butter.

Bubba

Bubba

yeah , there are a lot of recipes out there for sure...

gf likes to use full spectrum oil in her recipes...we make our own oil using both the QWET and BHO methods that we gleaned knowledge form old Greywolf‘s website

yeah , she uses the oil in baking and making caramels

i been thinking about making some firecrackers with this keef I’ve been collecting......I use some organic oily peanut butter , the more oil the better..spread a generous layer of peanut butter on a gram cracker and then sprinkle a generous layer of keef.....

bake in the oven at around 230 degrees for about 25 minutes

milk and adult medicinal gram crackers before bed provides a lot of benefits and does a body good

Latest posts

Back