Just made Weed cookies, gummies and tincture with absolutely no weed taste

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshoalsguy

Bud of the Year
Reaction score
I thought I would share how to eliminate the taste of the weed to make your edibles more enjoyable. If you have never water cured before, it’s makes all the difference!

take an ounce or so of bud in a mason jar, fill with cold tap water or filtered or whatever and let it sit for 24 hours in a cool dark place. Then take it out and pour out the water (will smell like old bong water) refill and rinse once or twice gently then refill and put back into storage. Rinse and repeat for 5-7 days until the water is clear after 24 hours. Once done, I use a salad spinner to get most of the water out, then put in front of a low fan until dry.

what’s interesting is your ounce will no longer be an ounce but much lighter because you’ve taken so many impurities out. I still use a full ounce of water cured bud to cook with, just makes it more potent Per gram

next I grind it down in small food processor and put back In mason jar to de carb it. 30 minutes later it’s ready for whatever step you want to do. For the cookies, I used a crockpot at 165 degrees for 3-4 hours in coconut oil. Btw, coconut oil affects you quicker than butter because of how it is absorbed. Use the oil in any recipe but peanut butter cookies seem to work best for us.

so I started with white widow 15 grams water cured flower. My thc percentage on the low side was 15 after decarb and I cooked it in 2 cups of coconut oil. This gave me 3000 mg of thc or 31.25 mg per teaspoon. I used 24 teaspoons (half a cup) of oil that made 40 cookies so each cookie had 18.75 thc

not having the weed taste makes these so enjoyable to us. Just thought I would share as it unlocked edibles for us. Most people or commercial sites don’t water cure since you lose weight, smell and taste but for us that enjoy the high without the smoke it’s a good option.
IMG_5434.jpeg
IMG_5435.jpeg

I thought I would share how to eliminate the taste of the weed to make your edibles more enjoyable. If you have never water cured before, it’s makes all the difference!

take an ounce or so of bud in a mason jar, fill with cold tap water or filtered or whatever and let it sit for 24 hours in a cool dark place. Then take it out and pour out the water (will smell like old bong water) refill and rinse once or twice gently then refill and put back into storage. Rinse and repeat for 5-7 days until the water is clear after 24 hours. Once done, I use a salad spinner to get most of the water out, then put in front of a low fan until dry.

what’s interesting is your ounce will no longer be an ounce but much lighter because you’ve taken so many impurities out. I still use a full ounce of water cured bud to cook with, just makes it more potent Per gram

next I grind it down in small food processor and put back In mason jar to de carb it. 30 minutes later it’s ready for whatever step you want to do. For the cookies, I used a crockpot at 165 degrees for 3-4 hours in coconut oil. Btw, coconut oil affects you quicker than butter because of how it is absorbed. Use the oil in any recipe but peanut butter cookies seem to work best for us.

so I started with white widow 15 grams water cured flower. My thc percentage on the low side was 15 after decarb and I cooked it in 2 cups of coconut oil. This gave me 3000 mg of thc or 31.25 mg per teaspoon. I used 24 teaspoons (half a cup) of oil that made 40 cookies so each cookie had 18.75 thc

not having the weed taste makes these so enjoyable to us. Just thought I would share as it unlocked edibles for us. Most people or commercial sites don’t water cure since you lose weight, smell and taste but for us that enjoy the high without the smoke it’s a good option. View attachment 339941View attachment 339942
I did a water cure on last seasons debacle grow because I wanted to see if the flavor would be neutral. Forgot about the bag I have. Now I need to find the bag and try it out.

Could you provide directions for making gummies. Thanks !!!!!
Sure. It’s really simple.

Taking the formula from above we have 31.25 mg of thc per teaspoon.

now, add ½ cup of cold water, ½ cup of cannabis-infused coconut oil, and ½ teaspoon of sunflower/soy lecithin to a small saucepan and turn it on low heat. It it doesn’t mix well add a bit more lecithin. I prefer sunflower Lecithin

Once you’ve added the above ingredients to the saucepan, you’ll want to continue stirring the mixture until the oil is completely melted and a consistent texture has formed. Then, you’ll want to add in the package of flavored gelatin I like orange or cherry and 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin to the mixture and continue stirring.

Once everything is well combined, then you can start filling up your molds. I bought mine from Amazon. You can do this with a funnel, a squeeze bottle, or a dropper I used a dropper that came with the molds.

You’ll want to keep your saucepan on the heat and work quickly so that the mixture doesn’t get a chance to cool down. If the mixture starts to get cool, the oil will separate, which is bad. It works best if you have someone stirring while you fill molds the quicker you get your mixture into the gummy molds, the easier it is to fill.

so my final gummies was remember 1/2 cup of oil or 750 mg of thc. I made 135 gummies so I had approx 5ish mg of thc per gummie.
‘’good luck! .

not having the weed taste makes these so enjoyable to us. Just thought I would share as it unlocked edibles for us. Most people or commercial sites don’t water cure since you lose weight, smell and taste but for us that enjoy the high without the smoke it’s a good option. View attachment 339941View attachment 339942
I can see that working. In the olden days, making hash oil we did a similar thing. You let the weed dry completely. Seems like weed was dry as a bone back then ...

Then it was placed in a container with perforated bottom and large coffee filter.

A bunch of near boiling water was poured through. At first it came out dark brown, sometimes almost black, then start to go clear again.

Drained, dried on baking sheets under low heat. It lost a bunch of volume once dry. This then was extracted with isopropyl, isomerized and re evaporated next, ether extraction with separatory funnel.

The front end of this process was included in many books and articles (no interwebs back then.) In the 60s and 70s to " increase your weeds strength" allegedly by "not losing any THC, but reducing the volume. Don't know about that, but that was how we rolled with oil back then.

Still at it, TOTALLY different methodology. I like my dab press, this allows full spectrum which I insist on, no solvents at all

Also, a touch of genius is Greywolfs lair, available here, see his qwet recipe. Nice honey oil result. Back in the day I would have needed pet ether, not with qwet. Little everclear, a freezer and you are good to go.

Bubba

I can see that working. In the olden days, making hash oil we did a similar thing. You let the weed dry completely. Seems like weed was dry as a bone back then ...

Then it was placed in a container with perforated bottom and large coffee filter.

A bunch of near boiling water was poured through. At first it came out dark brown, sometimes almost black, then start to go clear again.

Drained, dried on baking sheets under low heat. It lost a bunch of volume once dry. This then was extracted with isopropyl, isomerized and re evaporated next, ether extraction with separatory funnel.

The front end of this process was included in many books and articles (no interwebs back then.) In the 60s and 70s to " increase your weeds strength" allegedly by "not losing any THC, but reducing the volume. Don't know about that, but that was how we rolled with oil back then.

Still at it, TOTALLY different methodology. I like my dab press, this allows full spectrum which I insist on, no solvents at all

Also, a touch of genius is Greywolfs lair, available here, see his qwet recipe. Nice honey oil result. Back in the day I would have needed pet ether, not with qwet. Little everclear, a freezer and you are good to go.

Bubba
Interesting to think about. Could the boiling water react with the flower to accomplish the decarbing process while boiling it? Cook the weed at 220-240 degrees in boiling water for 30-40 minutes. Interesting thought. May try that next I got enough laying around lol

Interesting to think about. Could the boiling water react with the flower to accomplish the decarbing process while boiling it? Cook the weed at 220-240 degrees in boiling water for 30-40 minutes. Interesting thought. May try that next I got enough laying around lol
I have only decarbed once. It was when I made tincture. I figured since I wasn’t going to be using heat, I needed to decarb. I wasn’t impressed with my tincture so I haven’t made it since. The way I make my cannabutter is I use a slow cooker with trim and popcorn buds, water and coconut oil. I slow cook it so it simmers and I let it go for about 12-14 hours. Seems to work well. I found dome graphs years ago showing THC vs THC-A over time at various temperatures that showed essentially decarboxylarion occurs more slowly with lower heat but that it does occur. My guess is that since some terpenes have lower vaporization temperatures than what is traditionally considered necessary to decarb cannabinoids, the slow cooking method loses less of the terpenes than decarbing in an oven so you get a more broad spectrum butter in the end. I know this is anecdotal(and that I got lucky since I didn’t know about decarboxylation when I started out) but I have made my butter this way for years and never had a complaint(aside from my wife not liking 14 hours of stinking slow cooker odor😁).

Possible. I never decarb as a separate event. Cookies or brownies, Baking them is all the decarb I do, not to mention the heating of the oil. I feel a separate decarb burns off all the terpenes. I much prefer the buzz of full spectrum myself.

I wonder about rosin press, seems more full spectrum to me, but those plates are at 190, and I understand terpenes begin off gassing around 140. Who knows?

Bubba

Possible. I never decarb as a separate event. Cookies or brownies, Baking them is all the decarb I do, not to mention the heating of the oil. I feel a separate decarb burns off all the terpenes. I much prefer the buzz of full spectrum myself.

I wonder about rosin press, seems more full spectrum to me, but those plates are at 190, and I understand terpenes begin off gassing around 140. Who knows?

Bubba
I bake my brownies at 300 F and though it takes a little longer than the 350 the recipe calls for, I suspect higher temps or baking too long burns off terpenes as well.

Interesting! I've only tried a few different edibles, but to me the euphoric feeling just isn't the same as smoking.

Interesting! I've only tried a few different edibles, but to me the euphoric feeling just isn't the same as smoking.
Right ....I find the same thing. I blame it on loss of all the terpenes?

Bubba

Bubba
I do both smoke and edibles. I get the same high either way. Sometimes I smoke then eat an edible depends on my pain level. Smoking lasts about 2 hours edibles last 6-8 hours. My edibles take about a full 2 hours to the full high. But starts kicking in as soon as 30 minutes if its warm from the oven. Shopping kills me so I eat an edible before I go. My daughter drives me usually because her car is bigger and I only go 2 times a month. I like edibles the best because it lasts longer. I will try this curing method in the water. Question you wash first then trim then water cure or just trim then water cure? Maybe I should re read.

How do you decarb in mason jar in 30 minutes?

Bubba
Most likely the edible was not strong enough. I always do a few test cookies I have 3 sizes of cookie scoops. I even use them on brownies into a muffin tin just be sure to spray the paper liner in the tin. It will help the paper release from the brownie. It is the only sure way to know if it is strong enough for what I need. I also have 3 sizes of cookie cutters. Once I find the correct dose that works for me, I let them cool then individually wrap them. Then freeze to keep fresh. I take one out everyday and eat before bed. I sleep like a baby.👶👶👶

Great info, this is definitely something I'll try after harvest. I decarb in a mason jar usually too. The wife and I were just talking about weed taste in edibles. Poof....here's your post..lol Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back