Dry Ice Decarboxylation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you'd have seen these dogs with their eyeballs rolling around in their heads and unable to set upright, you'd see what I'm talking about.
Did they learn their lesson and more importantly, which lesson?(raw bud=good or raw bud=not good).

THC-A will decarb on its own with time and temperature. If the temperature is low, it just takes longer to do so. I don't see the mechanism for Dry Ice alone, but am an engineer, not a molecular biologist.

You can even speed it up heating in alcohol:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...-1-decarboxylation/10-1-4-decarboxylation-101
https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...1-2-decarboxylating-ethanol-tinctures-in-situ
I told him the part about converting its own I guess they did not believe me

THC-A will decarb on its own with time and temperature. If the temperature is low, it just takes longer to do so. I don't see the mechanism for Dry Ice alone, but am an engineer, not a molecular biologist.

You can even speed it up heating in alcohol:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...-1-decarboxylation/10-1-4-decarboxylation-101
https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...1-2-decarboxylating-ethanol-tinctures-in-situ
Looking at the chart in the 2nd link, I am leaning towards the slow cooker using done the lions share of the decarbing. At 150 F, after 1 day, the THC goes from almost 5% to a bit over 66%. No idea if the heat vs decarb response is linear or not but I would surmise that more heat(simmering in a slow cooker~212 F) would convert the THC-A more quickly. I simmered this batch for about 14 hours which at 150 F assuming a linear response would decarb THC-A to 38%. Again assuming a linear response, 212 is 70% higher than 150(so 70% more decarbing would be about 64%. A lot of assumptions but I’m getting convinced that between aging(2 year old weed) and slow cooking(sous vide essentially), I could see that 64% being higher. Thanks for the info.

Use my proper pronoun! I am not a ‘they’! ;)

I believed you. Just looking for more info. I am convinced it was not the dry ice. Thanks.
If you look I said Him meaning You LOL where do you so a They
The others have no idea what they are talking about GW does
I have followed GW work for many yrs not just this site.
Never let any animal eat Cannabis That is just plain stupid not funny

Accidents happen. The Shetland Sheepdog found a tiny little bud that must have fallen off the table while I was trimming. He also happened to find one the next year under identical conditions, so I'm starting to think the little bugger likes the buzz. He needs to learn to grow his own.

The psychoactive ingredient in cannabis that affects pets is a cannabinoid called tetrahydrocannabinol, commonly referred to as THC.

“Most of the cases that we see, it’s been the higher concentrated products like butter, and edibles, brownies, those types of things,” Nitschelm, 59, said.

But it’s not just baked goods and oils that can harm hounds. Dogs can get high from raw marijuana leaves and stems. While THC has to be smoked or dissolved in fat in order for human bodies to absorb it and feel its effects, dogs can simply eat part of a bud and become intoxicated. And they don’t need much.

“In rare cases, the ash from a joint can cause some dogs to react,” Stone said. “Someone will toss out a roach, or the end of a joint, and a dog on a hike will just snack on that. And just that little, tiny quantity — in some cases maybe a quarter of a gram, a tenth of a gram — can cause severe signs in some animals.”

Symptoms can be frightening and unfamiliar. Nitschelm said dogs on the drug can be “blase all the way up to non-responsive.”

Tandi Ngwenyama, a clinical instructor of emergency and small animal critical care at Washington State University, has seen a number of cannabis toxicity cases throughout her career, especially since recreational legalization. Ngwenyama, 35, said dogs poisoned with marijuana have abnormal mental activity.

“They might be a little bit more depressed or agitated; they’ll walk around like they’re drunk,” she said. “Also pretty classic is they seem to be dribbling urine.”

Depending on the concentration of THC consumed, affected dogs can breathe slowly and ineffectively, Ngwenyama said. They may even become comatose.

“When we see a dog that comes in and it’s lethargic, dribbling urine and having trouble standing, it’s almost a sure-fire sign that the dog has gotten into marijuana,” Stone said.

While cannabis toxicity is not known to kill dogs, there can still be fatal complications.

Cannabis Poisoning in Dogs: What to Do | The Cannabis Advisory

Do Dogs Get High? Effects and Dangers of Marijuana (thesprucepets.com)

Last edited:
Looked pretty tripped out to me. Little eyeballs twitched and he'd sit up and damn near fall over, so I laid him down on the couch and let him sleep it off. First time, the OH took him to the vet. Vet said he'd be fine, but gave her some syringes full of charcoal solution to stuff down him. We didn't bother. I knew he'd be fine. It's just like us eating too big a dose of edibles. Not fun, but hardly life threatening.

My old Macaw, Rodan, used to make it a point to deseed my brick weed when I was young and not paying attention. Never acted stoned after taking in all those trics. Problem is, she'd leave the husks in the torn up buds. She loved her fresh hemp seeds.

If you look I said Him meaning You LOL where do you so a They
The others have no idea what they are talking about GW does
I have followed GW work for many yrs not just this site.
Never let any animal eat Cannabis That is just plain stupid not funny
I told him the part about converting its own I guess they did not believe me
There

Rosterman was just trying to rescue them in need
1654896445777.png

Latest posts

Back