Done framing grow room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nycdiesel

Reaction score
the room is 9'x5' with sloped ceiling.

1) Purchased 1k Hps ballast and porcelin socket with mogul base, planned on hanging this in my room with mylar(i got ripped off) coated walls and ceiling. My latest concern is how close to the mylar ceiling can i place the bulb before the mylar melts (i held a lighter 6'' below and it schriveled instantly) or burns?

2) I'm sheetrocking outside of room for stealth purposes but wasn.t planning on rocking the inside. I purchased some cheap foam insulation and was planning on putting the mylar over that. When i got the insulation home i noticed "caution combustable: keep away from heat, sparks and flame". I put a piece under a heat lamp and it to schriveled. I was going to cover the ceiling with the insulation and then mylar but recent experiments are causing me to doubt my plans.

3) Flooring- The box i've constructed is over carpet and not anchored to the floor i was planning on buying a tarp and stapeling it to the studs. Any other suggestions?

4) Vent - I purchased a small bathroom exhast fan 50cfm with corresponding 3" duct do you think this will be sufficent?

5) the room is attached to a 1/2 bath with a window ac unit. The ac is 4' from the 5' side of my room do you think plants closest to one side will freeze while opposite side ( where exhaust fan is located ) with burn? Additional fans maby?

6) Members don't seem to take uv signatures seriously, i do. Besides insulation what else can be done?

7) Anyone have any experiance with Greenhouse's "cheese" or Aryan's ultra haze (cannabis cup winner) ?

New member with ocd (just kidding) Please help alleviate concerns already i've sunk almost 700 into project.

nycdiesel said:
the room is 9'x5' with sloped ceiling.

1) Purchased 1k Hps ballast and porcelin socket with mogul base, planned on hanging this in my room with mylar(i got ripped off) coated walls and ceiling. My latest concern is how close to the mylar ceiling can i place the bulb before the mylar melts (i held a lighter 6'' below and it schriveled instantly) or burns?

2) I'm sheetrocking outside of room for stealth purposes but wasn.t planning on rocking the inside. I purchased some cheap foam insulation and was planning on putting the mylar over that. When i got the insulation home i noticed "caution combustable: keep away from heat, sparks and flame". I put a piece under a heat lamp and it to schriveled. I was going to cover the ceiling with the insulation and then mylar but recent experiments are causing me to doubt my plans.

3) Flooring- The box i've constructed is over carpet and not anchored to the floor i was planning on buying a tarp and stapeling it to the studs. Any other suggestions?

4) Vent - I purchased a small bathroom exhast fan 50cfm with corresponding 3" duct do you think this will be sufficent?

5) the room is attached to a 1/2 bath with a window ac unit. The ac is 4' from the 5' side of my room do you think plants closest to one side will freeze while opposite side ( where exhaust fan is located ) with burn? Additional fans maby?

6) Members don't seem to take uv signatures seriously, i do. Besides insulation what else can be done?

7) Anyone have any experiance with Greenhouse's "cheese" or Aryan's ultra haze (cannabis cup winner) ?

New member with ocd (just kidding) Please help alleviate concerns already i've sunk almost 700 into project.
sounds like a good grow room but you are goin to need more fan than that at least you need 2 fan for that setup one to take air out and one pullin fresh air in hope it helps peace out

1) If you are hanging the bulb vertically with no reflector, the bulb should be hanging down quite a ways from the ceiling and be too far away from the mylar to cause a heat issue. If you are hanging horizontally with a reflector, I would not put mylar on the ceiling.

2) Use the cheap foam insulation as insulation inside the stud bays and drywall the inside of the room. Drywall is fairly inexpensive. I would tape the seams, but not worry about texturing.

3) Buy a good quality heavy duty tarp and wrap up the walls a couple of inches.

4) You will need more venting.

5) You needs fans in the grow room to move the air around, which will prevent cold and hot spots in the room. The A/C will help with the heat, but, yes, you need more fans.

6) I am one of those that doesn't worry. I live in a somewhat remote sparsely populated area.

7) Not me...

If you have not read over the old OG GrowFAQ, now is the time. There is a wealth of info.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/GrowFAQ Basic Topics.htm

Thats a pretty big room. You should run a 6" inline fan for exhaust with a smaller passive air intake for air exchange.

Latest posts

Back