Dope on a rope.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURKEYNECK

Old School
Reaction score
Too funny:p

It was a system that would have made MacGyver proud.
Two alleged drug dealers were arrested in Winder after police learned that they had rigged up a wireless doorbell and a bucket on a rope to operate a kind of dope take-out window from their Second Street apartment.
Customers would notify the dealers by ringing a wireless doorbell attached to a tree in a nearby stand of woods, setting off a chime in the second-story apartment, and the drug peddlers would lower a bucket, according to a Winder Police Department report.
Buyers placed their money in the bucket for the dealers to haul up and count, and the sellers then lowered drugs back down to the customer in the bucket, police said.
"I've been doing this for 20 years, and I've never seen anything like it," said Lt. Frank Farr, an investigator with the police department.
While their way of distributing the drugs may have been novel, it did not prevent the dealers from getting caught, Farr said - though the take-out window worked for about a month.
Police believe Antwon Scruggs, 30, of 120 Second St., concocted the wireless doorbell and bucket-on-a-rope system. Police charged him with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of marijuana within 1,000 feet of a park and possession of tools for the commission of the crime.
His girlfriend, 27-year-old Laurnecia Fulton, lived in the two-room apartment with Scruggs and her young son. She was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
About a dozen Winder police officers raided the apartment early last Friday morning after getting a tip about the unusual drug-transfer system, Farr said.
Searchers found two marijuana blunts, a small amount of loose marijuana, three Percocet pills, a digital scale, sandwich bags - and a roll of rope, a door chime in the living room and the bucket in the kitchen, according to the police report.
An officer searching outside found a doorbell lashed to a tree with electrical tape about 60 feet behind the apartment, police said.
"While I was inside of the residence, Lt. Farr went outside to the woods located behind the residence," the reporting officer wrote in his report. "Lt. Farr located a doorbell button taped to a tree. (He) pressed the button and I could hear a doorbell sound inside of the residence."
Originally published in the Athens Banner-Herald on Friday, May 29, 2009

hXXp://www.onlineathens.com/stories/052909/new_444876899.shtml

haha... im sure thats way sketchier and way easier to
get caught then if he were just to let them come up to his
place...haha. sounds like he deserves being busted haha
hell id be getting stoned and running through those woods ringing
that door bell 50 times a night at 3 in the morning hahah

Latest posts

Back