DP Blueberry starting to go purple in 5th wk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
My hopes are high that this DP Blueberry doesnt turn hermi like the other 2 I had..
FFOF soil and FF trio nutes and shes in a 5gal bag.. vegd for 5.5-6months under a 400mh.. Shes in the 5th wk of flower, in a homebox xl with the other girls under a 400hps and 600hps..

Sorry the pictures arent better. I need a new camera.

007.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

012.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

i dont think thats a bad thing
if it was in veg them i would say u need micro nuts, but they look realy good 2 me. the flowers look perfect dp bb will get purple tips its a good thing

ya i know, i was just excited to see any purple. that would be nice if the buds got purple.
ive been looking for purple, as u can see in my sig.

Good job man, sorry it looked like a hermi to me, I hope it isnt one...

Plant looks to me like its having a nute deficiency, I would flush that soil, you may be getting salt build up.. After a flush hit it with a strong dose of nutes then let the soil dry...

with that bag can you tell if shes root bound? The mass of the plant looks big for the amount of soil you have...

Sorry just noticed some small problems in your plants, you have a good lookin girl there..

thanks guys!

Shes definitely not root bound.. its a 5gal. maybe I should flush it.. I just watered her with a little over a gallon. i water her every 5 days..

when flushing u flush with 3x the amount u normally water with right? so if i normally water this 5gal bag with 1gal of water, I should flush with 3gal of water?
or was it 3x the amount of soil? so 15gal of water?lol no way.

may I ask why u use a bag to grow in..seems like it would be better for the roots to be in a container..more stable less likely to get moved damaged etc..more stable for the stem too. not trying to rag just curious. the plant looks good but I agree with pp not much dirt for the plant size.

lots of peeps use bags. nothing gets damaged.. its solid.. 5gal of soil..

I hear ya but the bag is 5 gal and it doesnt look full so is it more like 3 gal of soil or am I way off base. kind of weird to see the stem all the way to one side..is the bag against the stem? does it cause any damage or rot having the wet plastic against it. just curious thanks!

the soil isnt up to the top but its because of the compaction from water.. i had to slowly crank down on that mainstem at 3mon because it was too tall.. i got it froma friend.. so i cranked that mainstem down and let all the other branches catch up and serpas the main cola.but there is alot of soil in there. its about 85%+ filled, the main stem is just almost horizontal. i dont think the bag does any damage, a ton of people, not just mj growers, use bags.

edit: i dont knwo how my friend fed her for the first 3months of her life, but the 2.5 to 3 months after(6months total growth) I rarely ever fed her, just water.. and now in flowering, i have been doing a water, feed, water, feed, water, feed schedule.

Hi R999...

Ah yes... the ol' Purple Murple! ;) Those look like some very pretty buds but the purple might be a deficiency... If so your flush should help. Purple stems are commonly caused by a Phosphorous (P) or Magnesium (Mg) deficiency, if there is a P deficiency you may also notice symptoms such as brittle leaves or greyish spots. They look like they are flowering hard so I doubt if it's a P deficiency... If you have some Botanicare Cal Mag it may help if it's Mg related or you could water with some Epsom salts... do you see any rust colored spots at all on the leaves?

Hey man... your bent over plant looks like the way you dealt with the adversity of the height will turn out to be a MAJOR plus... check out all the buddage developing on the lateral branches... AND it's all close to the light... NICE!

Happy Growing!:cool:

nope, no rust colored spots.. I watered last night. maybe I should flush tonight?

I would flush, salt build ups are easy to get in soil... It has happend every grow for me, it took several grows for me to figure it out.... Flush the hell out of it, let it drain and let the soil dry then feed it the following watering...

Good luck I just had 3 DP blueberry hermi on me. I wish I would have done more research on the board before I ordered them. I cut down the 3 blueberries, the 3 from the other mother show no signs of hermi yet but I am watching them closely.

the leaves will turn purple if grown in a somewhat colder enviroment.

By the way my plants started to show nanners around the 7.5th week so be on the look out!

Ya I had two dp blueberrys, and they both went hermi right before the 8th week too.. maybe I should just put her outdoors at the beginning of the 7th week..

btw,

Latest posts

Back