Dry weight is in on first grow! 600hps..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
This was my very first grow.. I had 6 caves(snowcap cross) and 2 dutch passion blueberrys..
This was a all organic soil grow in a homebox large(3.2x3.2x6.6) with a 600hps.. FFOF soil with ff trio nutes.. 5gal bags..

358.5g dry, or right under 13 oz dry.. not bad for my first grow! about .6g per watt.

294.33g or 10.5 oz was from the 6 caves and 60.16 was from the two blueberrys. One blueberry wasnt transplanted, hence the low yield.

Thanks to everyone that helped me get here!

Second crop is on its 5th week of flower!

I topped one of the caves 2 times, but other than that I really just grew these plants straight out.. vegd them for 5wks and flowered for 9.5 weeks until trichomes were 10-35% amber..
I didnt do any pruning, lst, hst, scrog, etc.etc.
All of the main colas were over 30g dry, so I had to cut them up into smaller buds just to fit them into jars!
The bud is so nice, just covered in trichomes.. its not in curing, for a minimum of 30 days. hung them to dry for 6-8 days.

I have learned a few things already to increase my yield, like cutting the lower third part of the plant off and using lst to let middle branches catch up with the top branches, keeping light really close, etc.

Congrats man! I'm happy for ya!
How long did ya flower em for, and how'd the trics look, any amber?
I'm askin because mine seem to be taking a long time, today is day 74 of flower for me. Don't see hardly any amber at all. :confused:

Hey man...

VERY solid. More bud for our world is a very GOOD thing! :aok: Now we should pull up those posts that you had about yield questions a couple months ago... NOW you know! and you're just getting started dude... just like you said... you learned a lot about how your strains grow and you'll be able to make tweaks to how you flower each strain. So did you get a fix on the percentage of dry weight you got vs wet weight that you were asking about a couple weeks ago? Just curious...

Enjoy mon ami...

Enjoy!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
Hey man...

VERY solid. More bud for our world is a very GOOD thing! :aok: Now we should pull up those posts that you had about yield questions a couple months ago... NOW you know! and you're just getting started dude... just like you said... you learned a lot about how your strains grow and you'll be able to make tweaks to how you flower each strain. So did you get a fix on the percentage of dry weight you got vs wet weight that you were asking about a couple weeks ago? Just curious...

Enjoy mon ami...

Enjoy!:cool:
Thanks man!
Im really happy with the harvest!
Couldnt have done it without ya bro!
As far as wet weight to dry weight percentage, it really varied for me.. some I got 18%, some I got as much as 25%..

Good job man results like that just make a person want to keep growing.

Sounds like success to me relentless...... great job !

How are your Blueberry plants? Smoke report needed. I had 2 fem DP Blueberrys but after reading only bad reviews I tore em up about a week from sprouting and replaced with some Blue Mystic.

GreenLantern7 said:
Congrats man! I'm happy for ya!
How long did ya flower em for, and how'd the trics look, any amber?
I'm askin because mine seem to be taking a long time, today is day 74 of flower for me. Don't see hardly any amber at all. :confused:
I flowered 1 for 9 weeks and the rest for 9.5 weeks...
the one at 9 weeks was like 35-40% amber.. the 9.5 week plants were at 10%-30% amber..
sounds like ya have a nice sativa..

thanks!!

Disco94 said:
How are your Blueberry plants? Smoke report needed. I had 2 fem DP Blueberrys but after reading only bad reviews I tore em up about a week from sprouting and replaced with some Blue Mystic.
I had to harvest these early.. i harvested at 8weeks because both females turned late hermis by shooting off a few nanners.. they pollinated themselves and others..f'ers. i tried some the other day and due to when i harvested, it had more of a light sativa effect.. maybe it was just the bud i tried.. doesnt hold a candlestick to the caves I grew, hopefully it was just due to me picking them early..
Ive heard of alot of dp blueberrys going late hermis, its in their genetics i believe..
i have a dp blueberry in flower right now.. it was vegd for 6months and its on its 5th week of flower i believe.. no nanners or balls yet.. im crossing my fingers.. that mother f'r better not pollinate my other females.. im keeping a close eye on it..
Ill give u a better smoke report soon when my first blueberrys finish curing, and hopefully a much better smoke report in a couple of weeks when i harvest my second crop.

Thanks boss. Sucks to hear about the herms... I hear about that a lot with those. Just wanted to save myself so I pulled mine up. Here is some MOJO for your big Blueberry. Pics? I sure hope no balls show up on that one. BTW - Gotta let me know how the Purple Wreck, Querkle, and LA Con turn out. Those a 3 of my next 4 strains I am gonna get growing soon.

Congrats on your first harvest with many more to follow.

Latest posts

Back