Drip system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pothead4life

Weed Over Seed
Reaction score
I have a quick question can i use my drip system for flowering?

I started growing by watching Mr green on youtube and i did everything he was doing. I am doing great so far but it is time to flower and i don't want to build a new system (ebb&flow) can i stay with my drip system or do i need a new method?

you can stay with the system you have , but i would increase the flow rate in flower by either more frequent waterings or lengthening the time your pump is on, fyi, i have a flood table that i use with drippers for veg , then by changing one hose i can convert it to an ebb/flow system,for flowering, works great
good luck

yeah its easy but i got a little water pump only 40gph it doesn't have enough pressure to fill the tub up and i am using the good one is in the veg room where i got a few Lady's going on :)

I guess i got to get me a bigger pump or like you said set the watering more often

and i got one stupid question why are my Lady's looking bushy and like a christmas tree, when i am seeing alot of pics on here more stretched and less leaves

I will post some pics up tomorrow i don't got the camera here but i take some pics of my home made drip system and my new flower room where i got my first 4 Lady's :)

You could turn that into a Ebb and Flow pretty easy,,right?

mine is a 3ft by 2ft tub with 8 4inch rockwool cubes and i have a water pump hooked to a 8 way dripper but its something similar to that pic you got

here is the drips system i got hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFNrHQObfgY&feature=related

and here is the ebb&flow i need to make once i get a bigger water pump hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNXG5sfWwHs&feature=related

:)

As I was talking about getting a new water pump last night my pump in the flower room must of been braking down. When i walked in my grow room today i saw my Lady's limp and dried out. I got sick to my stomach. I watered them asap. I had to go to work today right after that so i didn't have no time to go get a new water pump. So i just gonna hand water them till tomorrow

here are a few pics tell me what you guys think, is my first time

IMGP0255.JPG

IMGP0265.JPG

IMGP0264.JPG

IMGP0258.JPG

IMGP0259.JPG

IMGP0267.JPG

IMGP0256.JPG

IMGP0257.JPG

I would just get a bigger pump and convert to Ebb'n'flo. But, drip is nice. Some people prefer drip, especially seen more in commercial production using slabs of coco or rockwool where they do drain to waste.

I'd say for a flowering system where you are recirculating, flood it. Bite the bullet and buy a new pump. They're not that expensive.

Yeah thats what i got to do get a new water pump and convert to ebb&flow

here is the drip system in my veg room where i got a bigger pump and no problems with it whats so ever

IMGP0244.JPG

IMGP0246.JPG

IMGP0245.JPG

IMGP0247.JPG

IMGP0248.JPG

IMGP0249.JPG

IMGP0251.JPG

IMGP0250.JPG

IMGP0254.JPG

I see some of your roots sticking out the bottom of the cubes. I thought light and roots dont mix? I am thinking about going to a drip system and was woundering about that. Also,,how long does your pump stay on at a time, and how many times a day? Why is there green alge on the top of the cubes?:rolleyes: Sorry about all the questions.

so why change too ebb and flow from a drip system ? is their some major difference using drip in flower period ?
i just got a wilma pod drip system thats why i ask :)

CowboyBudsky said:
I see some of your roots sticking out the bottom of the cubes. I thought light and roots dont mix? I am thinking about going to a drip system and was woundering about that. Also,,how long does your pump stay on at a time, and how many times a day? Why is there green alge on the top of the cubes?:rolleyes: Sorry about all the questions.

I like the drip system is easy, just set the timer for 3 times a day 15 mins each time. The green alge is from light hitting the water/nuts.

now i just got my ebb&flow set 2 times a day 5 mins each. I got a big water pump and it fills the whole tub in 2 mins.

I would use the same system you have. No point in ruining a good thing... or wasting unneeded money. A drip system will last for years if you clean out the lines good every couple grows.

pothead4life said:

I started growing by watching Mr green on youtube and i did everything he was doing. I am doing great so far but it is time to flower and i don't want to build a new system (ebb&flow) can i stay with my drip system or do i need a new method?

pothead4life said:
Yeah thats what i got to do get a new water pump and convert to ebb&flow

here is the drip system in my veg room where i got a bigger pump and no problems with it whats so ever

View attachment 93229

View attachment 93230

View attachment 93231

View attachment 93232

View attachment 93233

View attachment 93234

View attachment 93235

View attachment 93236

View attachment 93237

You could save your pump from working so hard by lifting the res closer to the tray.

Also installing a 12 or 13mm filter on the inlet side of an inline pump will also preserve it's life. Grit is the enemy of magnetic driven pump impellers.

pothead4life said:

Ya man...Mr Green got me into the hydro grow. I still watch those 9 clips on youtube....lol You can stay with the drip set up you have now...just pump it up a tad. Good luck with everything man.....PEACE

I like the setup. I'm going ebb'n'flow and buying a grow tent for my mothers. My next grow will be so cool, so Mr. Green Style. :bong1:

Latest posts

Back