Ebb and Flow????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
I want to do a Ebb and Flow table in my Veg area. Area is 2X2X5. Plants will be in veg until they reach 9-11 inches. Then off to flower.

How many plants could I fit in such an area. They will be under a 400 MH.

Depends on how you intend to grow them; by which I mean what style.

You could veg as little as one plant in that space or if you just planned to grow them vertically without topping until prior to transplanting to the flower room you could grow about 36 in rockwool cubes.

Ebb & Flow is the shiznits in my opinion; I wouldn't grow any other way.

Wanted to do about 8 or 10 at one time. They would need to be in the tray for 4 weeks before going into flower. Paln to Top them, and Supercrop while in Veg,

The plants will be grown in prep for SCROG. Or I might turn my flower room into a 2X5 Ebb and Flow table, or Scrog with a 2X5 table....lol... havent decided. going for yield definately. I

SCROG the 2x5

8 or 10 in veg would be fine, but yo wouldn't really need anymore than 2 0r 3 to scrog that area effectively.

You could do it with one sativa dom strain

have you thought about another ebb and flow system for the flower room too?

are you planning to keep mom?

Im sorry I should of described my areas better. Veg is 2X4X5 with 400 MH, Flower is about 5 ft long 3 ft wide, and 5 ft high, with 600 HPS.

No they will be moved into the flower room, i think flower will be ebb and flow, 2X2X5 and a scrog as well.I might scrog half of the flower room and grow 2 out normally so lots to work out still.

I was going to scrog with 6 on that screen. I have a 4 plant scrog going right now on it and its taking to long to fill the screen so i thought id up the plant count to fill it quicker.

If i just put them in the tray can they be easily transplanted into flower tray when ready?? I was planning on just filling the tray with hydroton and sticking the plants in.

New_2_Chronic said:
Im sorry I should of described my areas better. Veg is 2X4X5 with 400 MH, Flower is about 5 ft long 3 ft wide, and 5 ft high, with 600 HPS.

No they will be moved into the flower room, i think flower will be ebb and flow, 2X2X5 and a scrog as well.I might scrog half of the flower room and grow 2 out normally so lots to work out still.

I was going to scrog with 6 on that screen. I have a 4 plant scrog going right now on it and its taking to long to fill the screen so i thought id up the plant count to fill it quicker.

If i just put them in the tray can they be easily transplanted into flower tray when ready??

Well,... are you putting them in rockwool cubes or??? 4 months veg is ganna mean lot's of roots if done right, so transplanting from e&f to e&f would be tricky IMO. unless you contained the roots during veg in a pot w/ hydroton or something.. unless you moved tray and all to flower..

If you plan on transplanting the plants from the tray to another room i'd stick them in pots of hydroton on the tray as opposed to just a hydroton bed on the tray.

Hydroton is great; I wouldn't grow with anything else; but good luck seperating the roots of 4+ plants in a tray that size; You'll have a nice mat of roots.

smokingjoe said:
If you plan on transplanting the plants from the tray to another room i'd stick them in pots of hydroton on the tray as opposed to just a hydroton bed on the tray.

Hydroton is great; I wouldn't grow with anything else; but good luck seperating the roots of 4+ plants in a tray that size; You'll have a nice mat of roots.
:goodposting:.....:D:ccc:

Plants wont be vegged 4 months, only 2 max. I was thinking Pots with hydroton for easy transplanting.

What size pots should I get? Would it matter if it was Deeper to accomodat deeper pots?

less than one minute apart. great minds think alike ey!

New_2_Chronic said:
Plants wont be vegged 4 months, only 2 max. I was thinking Pots with hydroton for easy transplanting.

What size pots should I get?

Depends on the number you intend transplanting and what you intend transplanting to; I like 10" net pots. probably better to have a square pot if you intend keeping them side by side.

smokingjoe said:
Depends on the number you intend transplanting and what you intend transplanting to; I like 10" net pots. probably better to have a square pot if you intend keeping them side by side.

also depends on how he intends to flower, In pots or just hydroton or...????
This is why "I" used drip for veg...w/ 4" cubes;) cheap and easy.

Latest posts

Back