Ebb and grow help, please..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy Simon,
Thanks for stopping in with your info. Tapwater ppm is 70-90.

journall 003.JPG

journall 006.JPG

journall 007.JPG

Plants seem to have started growing like they should finally. I also put 2 purple AK and 2 little tiny mango in there. They are in organic mix in smart pots.

Gonna start a journal where I will continue to post pics in a few days.

Put a pic of new meter and res. Res is beside room in darkness as shown. As you see in the pic with garagelight on...it is also covered with an old comforter. How in the heck am I still getting brown "funk" growing on walls of res? I have taken the advice of most and eliminated H2o2 but I am unsure of how to stop "funk" without it? Any ideas???

Thanks...................bk

journall 008.JPG

journall 010.JPG
The 2 bigguns' were purple AK moms I just transplanted from 2gal pots to 5gal smartpots. Everything shown will get flipped in 1 week, I'm outta time.

Hopefully these pics help show what the plants really look like.

Smoke up...................BK

Try using "zone" maybe. Also change out to standard GH 3 part.

Will do. Straight lucas formula + cal/mag right now. Will change back to GH3 but with no florablend or floralicious this time. No time today but I'll change out tomorrow.

I will also hunt down some zone.

I suspect those plants like more Nitrogen than the Lucas plan provides. I think a good dose or 3 of nitrogen now and going into flower will help them to not yellow off as soon in flower. JMO :)

Thanks Hushpuppy. I'm going back to all 3 parts tomorrow, and flower in a week. I'm probably going to go with equal parts of GH3 for the first week of flower. The lights just came on a bit ago and they have grown a couple inches in a couple days like hydro should. The stems are also losing the purple streaks and going back to green. I believe things are looking up, I just need to keep them going in that direction now.

the lucas wont need cal mag most of the time until the week of transition. the brown stuff was dead cellular leftovers...the other gray buildup was indeed the other addatives. i have been tweaking the lucas formula out of sheer boredom and have had great results lowering the grow and bumping up the bloom as well as the koolbloom...no h202. running at 1300 ppms can be considered low if your flooding and draing right. running a weak solution causes ph drift. if the roots arnt sitting in solution for hours then try bumping the feeding up and flooding less times per day. the one every three hours flood is a little much for your size containers... the lucas is plenty for mj, simplify by kiss, keep it simple stupid. ive added an ebb and flow 3x3 tent and tray setup for my clones because the lucas was getting it done....once you get comfy with batching then try toying with the mix...ppms are a wonderful unit of measure!!!! good luck!!!

TOA! Been a lil while dude. Hope things are g(r)oing well for you. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to change floods to 1 every 4hours when I change out res today. Lucas formula definately seems to have "unlocked" things.

the brown stuff was dead cellular leftovers
Thanks, that explains why it happens in my pitch black res in a pitch black room. Hydrostoreguy kept telling me it was algae which I couldn't really believe since it happened when I was running h2o2 in a dark res, nothing in buckets or controller.

I'm only flooding for 15 min. so no sitting in solution.

Thanks for stopping in, good to hear from you :)

Here's a thought.. I've been told no airstone is needed in this system. Could my 45liter airpump in bottom of res be causing problems?

GH3-123-BMG
Botanicare cal/mag
80ish ppm tapwater

1390 PPM
67 degrees
5.8 PH

Howdy folks:D

Incredible difference this time. Very little sludge/slime on walls and bottom of res. I'm thinking "florablend" and "florolicious+" were a big part of the problem.

Switched to 24hour lights from 18/6.
Flood cycles now 1 every 4 hours @ 15minutes.

:48: Smoke up..........BK

Latest posts

Back