electric bill and t5's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENIE_420

Reaction score
I have two 6 bulb fixtures with T5HO's. If I run just one 24/7 I'm just wondering the increase in the power bill. I'm just asking for a ballpark figure although I wouldn't think that the $ amount would very to much for killowatt hrs. I was replied to with the formula to figure this out with a 1000w mh a few weeks ago but I didn't think it was correct or I didn't read it correctly because the numbers were way off :eek: and I can't seem to locate where it is now. if anyone knows this formula please share this info.:cool:

i run x2 600 watt HPS, a 2x2 8 bulb t5 system, multiple fans.

my bill only went up like $60-75

i see your t5 system costing no more than say $5-10 a month to run 24/7

A 1k bulb on for one hour, is 1 kilowatt. So what ever wattage your running in an hour. Multiple those hours by your kilowatt cost per hour. Like mine,

1k watts @ .04 a kilowatt running for 24 hours would be .96 a day.

GREENIE_420 said:
I have two 6 bulb fixtures with T5HO's. If I run just one 24/7 I'm just wondering the increase in the power bill. I'm just asking for a ballpark figure although I wouldn't think that the $ amount would very to much for killowatt hrs. I was replied to with the formula to figure this out with a 1000w mh a few weeks ago but I didn't think it was correct or I didn't read it correctly because the numbers were way off :eek: and I can't seem to locate where it is now. if anyone knows this formula please share this info.:cool:

If these are 54W T5s: 12 x 54=648W
Multiple times 24 hours a day: 648 x 24=15552W per day
Divide by 1000 to get kilowatts: 15552/1000=15.552 kilowatt hours per day.
Multiply this times YOUR kilowatt rate (mine is .08 so I will use that rate, you will need to find your rate to find out your cost): 15.552 x .08=1.24 a day.

This is for 2 lights. Divide in half if you only want to run one of them.

Latest posts

Back