electronic disruptions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdog

Reaction score
Anyone have problems with telephone or television disruptions when using a digital ballast?

Sorry, I will probably get scolded since I asked this in another thread (that I didnt start), but I needed to know fairly quickly, if you know what I mean. I would rather take the heat here than have it at the door.

Older digital ballests can give off RF frequencies. It can really interfer with cable tv. I know some people who had a little problem with this. It took the cable company a minute to find the disturbance but they ended up on there door step. Nothing really happend they didnt let the cable guy in and replaced the old ballest end of problem.

I think we lost the hread on this. But ppl had been having a interference problem with digital ballists. In has something to do with the old cable wires not being sheilded right or lose connections. THG was one of the 1s that had the problem and I hope she stops in to give us some more info.

Also, the cheaper the ballast, the more likely the problem. Like El Cheapo Chinese stuff from ebay and the like.

Wet

Im sure that there have been some issues with sheilding and interferance. but a 1k mag ballast and a digi 400 are a tad different as far as the output of waves that can interfere with different devices. Ballasts have come a long way in 20 years...

I suggest making the plunge into a digi if you are considering it. they run cooler- quieter and more efficient. plus you can dim them for younger plants if height is an issue and even switch from veg bulbs (mh) to flower bulbs (hps) if you get the right model.

Im sure some ballasts (cheaper) can have issues under the right circumstances.

ozzydiodude said:
I think we lost the hread on this. But ppl had been having a interference problem with digital ballists. In has something to do with the old cable wires not being sheilded right or lose connections. THG was one of the 1s that had the problem and I hope she stops in to give us some more info.

I have seen a few threads on this and i had a thread on this subject, i cant find it, see my post here for the details i can remember.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54628

I was involved with the thread that had been thought to have phone disruptions caused by a balast. It had been found that the cable guy had made some wrong connections and the problem was resolved.
However, I have a 1000w digi balast that causes tv interference with the lower and higher channel receptions. It was only when the balast was running but now find the problem lingers even when not.
It's a Lumatek balast and I chose that one because they claimed to have resolved the interference issue but it seems they had not.
I have another 400w balast that does not cause any problem, unknown model, but I need the 1000w for the developement of THCV in the strain I have growing. To produce THCV, a 1000w HID bulb is a minimum requirement. I had hoped that a combination of bulbs that would add up to 1000w or more would work but it doesn't work that way. It's the intensity of the bulb not the total lumens that does the trick.

EDIT: Google "balast interference" and you will come up with alot of info on the subject.

Latest posts

Back