Feminized seeds- Do pro's use them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrydixon

Reaction score
Do top-shelf commercial/medical growers use feminized seeds?

Have any feminized seeds won a cannabis cup?

I know that most commercial growers are using clones, but many do pheno hunts. When they do, are they ever using feminized seeds?

I am old-school in that I don't really trust the whole feminized and auto category of seeds. I want to know if real deal growers actually use them, or are they just for small time people who want shortcuts.

Is there any quality difference between a feminized vs regular?

My instinct tells me there must be a drop in quality, but that's just intuition not based on any facts or statistics.
Does anyone know where I can look for data on this?

Do top-shelf commercial/medical growers use feminized seeds?

Have any feminized seeds won a cannabis cup?

I know that most commercial growers are using clones, but many do pheno hunts. When they do, are they ever using feminized seeds?

I am old-school in that I don't really trust the whole feminized and auto category of seeds. I want to know if real deal growers actually use them, or are they just for small time people who want shortcuts.

Is there any quality difference between a feminized vs regular?

My instinct tells me there must be a drop in quality here https://ilgm.com/, but that's just intuition not based on any facts or statistics.
Does anyone know where I can look for data on this?
thanks in advance for any input

I would say early on, what you describe was true but there has been enough water under the bridge that for the most part it is no longer true. I don't consider fems to be a short cut. I consider that I am staying legal now (after all these years) and all I'm allowed is 5. I don't have the time or space to waste. If I wanted to breed something for myself I would only use regular seeds. But just for my personal use, I had great luck so far.

Latest posts

Back