Sexing 2 week old seedling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
So yesterday I pulled the trigger. I ordered my Farmer Freeman EZ-XY Plant DNA/Sex testing Kit last night. I received an email from them first thing this morning letting me know my item has shipped and included tracking info. I am excited to see how long from order it takes to get to me, and how long after I send the samples back it takes to get my results.

There are 2 ways to test. 1)- with plant matter, and 2)- with pressing the plant matter on a lab card. I chose the ladder. Current price is $15 per test sample.

I will be receiving 7 tests, 1 for each plant. 2 of my plants are feminized, but I will test them anyway to see if there are any conflicting results.

I chose to do this because I do not want to waste my medium, nutrients, and space on any male plants. You could ask me, "why don't you just buy feminized seeds?", and the answer is that not all strains come feminized.

I can't believe I didn't not know about this earlier. After doing some reading this company alone has been doing this since 2015. I wish I knew this a week ago because they can test samples as young as 7 days old, even using just the cotyledons!

Results come in via email showing which samples are males, and which samples are females. They do not test for hermies, but they also test other types of plants and have a 99.5%
accuracy rate with all of them.

I will keep you posted on the progress as it happens.

Last edited:
I didn't know they had test like this but it makes sense to know earlier than waiting until a plant flowers.

I am thinking about this whole experience, as I do any first experience in life....

For someone like me with serious restrictions on growing in general, (my state sucks.) I was thinking this could also benefit anyone with say a small area, (my space is 3'x3') for allowance regarding many different strains at one specific time.

Say I run 5-3 gallon pots in my 3x3 tent....ok, I can run up to 5 different strains through flower. (And that's if I know they are female). On the other hand, lets say I want to get crazy and grow 20 solo cups with 20 different strains I could. I would know which seedlings are female by week 1.5 in veg! That's unheard of. it almost makes me want to have the capability of testing them on my own.

On top of that....I hear, but have not confirmed you can have any seed tested prior to germinating. Things like this change the entire game on what is possible for people who just want females, and breeders.

I am really excited about how far cannabis research and testing has come. Cannabis has lived in the shadows long enough.

Can't wait to see if the test results are accurate.

Well the test kit has arrived. Samples going out tomorrow. Including the 2 known females.
20221205_163255.jpg

Last edited:
Testing the 2 feminized plants is a good ‘control group’ to keep the testing company honest(or maybe you will find out they were not feminized but I doubt that would happen).

Testing the 2 feminized plants is a good ‘control group’ to keep the testing company honest(or maybe you will find out they were not feminized but I doubt that would happen).
From what I have seen, people send hundreds of samples in at a time and they are still in business, but we shall see, lol.

From what I have seen, people send hundreds of samples in at a time and they are still in business, but we shall see, lol.
I guess it is more of a sanity check. It is always good to have a baseline.

RESULTS ARE IN!!!!
1 day after they received my samples. VERY impressive!!
So according to this, they are correct on the 2 female plants I submitted!!! Makes me much more trusting of accuracy!

I am left with....
1) chem1
1) east coast sour deisel x og kush
1) snow leopard
Plus the 2 know female sundae punch.
So now I only have to transplant 3 plants out of the solo cups instead of 5. Saves me time, room, and $$$.
Screenshot_20221208_163305_Gallery.jpg

I will for sure be using them again!!!

Latest posts

Back