Emergency Blankets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growdammit

Reaction score
I was told by an old grower before I even heard of mylar, nor was there such a thing as an indoor grow shop (now there are 2 around here), that using aluminum foil as a reflector is bad (turned out right) and to use those cheap emergency blankets you can find at department stores in their camping section. I have been using them for a long time now, they fold out like 7'X7' sections and cost like a dollar.

My newest grow room has mylar, but my old ones had flat white paint and those blankets staple gunned all over the walls! Anybody know anything about these? I resisted mylar for a long time since they seemed to work just fine. Truthfully dont see a tremendous difference.

That thread about mirrors reminded me of that and I would like anybody elses experience or info on them
just curious

:beatnik:

yea,thats what alot of people used during the early 90's..you dont see as many people using them anymore.but i've seen many people use them and like them.

thats actualy what my buddy uses.. he likes it. flat white works fine for me.

I know they are often touted as Nasa space blankets. I am not sure if its just a thin mylar or what. It is reflective but if you put your face against it, you can see thru it kinda like sunglasses... weird

I started using them around 1995 - 98 not sure exactly I was probably stoned and used it on a buddies gro room awhile back when he was short on cash to finish the room up.

hey what ever works, right? just because its cheap doesn't mean i won't work.

Like I've always heard, "poor *ss man got poor *ss ways". Whatever works as Slowmo said.....

The reason people use the mylar more than the blankets is because the mylar dose'nt wrinkle like the blanket dose> When the blanket wrinkles then it causes hot spots to form and the mylar is a little better on the reflective end of the spectrum....take care...

Emergency blankets look just like mylar side by side. I'm considering switching to them because of the cost effectiveness.

Latest posts

Back