Equipment options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter Jennings said:
Actually i do find you to be rather arrogant and offensive. Just to throw that out there. (My opinion)
And I find you to be extremely green and ignorant on the subject at hand.

You belittle my posts and what the people here have taught and expect your word to be taken because you are certified.
You are the one out here giving people advice with the incorrect info, not I. Call it what you like. I doubt you would be so defensive if you actually had some credible sources to back your claims.

Just because you build to the industry standard does not mean you are always right.
Never claimed to always be right, but if you want to get right down to it, I am right here and you are wrong, and if you like I can dig up some other threads to show you are consistent in giving bad and incorrect advice.

There is more than one way to grow cannabis, no one way is right. It depends on your preference.
Who said anything about growing cannabis? This discussion is based on growroom air exchange, and your incorrect data.

The thing is that you say your way is right but will still not give any explanations as to why. Just that you have been taught this way and got a certificate for doing it this way does not make it right.(My reason)
You lost me here. I'll have to ask my 25 year old to better explain. Are you actually stating that someone who is trained professionally only has an opinion after 30+ years?

You say i have only done 2 grows, funnily enough you only know what i have told you, nothing more.
So r u admitting to the fact that you have told lies to all of us here now? I think it's pretty obvious to most the experience level you have, but do tell.

So instead of putting other members down, why don't you try giving your reason as to why your opinion would be better and then let the member asking decide what they would prefer to do. If you did that they i wouldn't find you arrogant i would find you knowledgeable.
Outside of you, never had anyone here make this claim. Perhaps they can chime in. My opinion happens to be backed by more than 30 years in the business. How much you have again? I am not putting you down, I am giving the correct info based on facts. I am not going to do the leg work for you, and because of your piss poor attitude will never give you advice, but I will make corrections when you spout off about something you have read about and have not done.

Until you decide to give some facts as to why your option is better then i will continue to use mine and share my opinion on mine untill i am taught (with actual knowledge instead of another opinion.
I posted some links in this thread to help explain air exchange. The fact that you don't understand the concept is on you.

Rather than just sit here and argue with me like a child, why don't you drink some of that advice you were giving before your three edits of your return to me and post up some credible links to show us all how you are correct.. :hubba:

This is how a forum works.
:chuck: I know Kung Foo

Am I out of line here MP?

I tell you what pj i will let you say what ever it is you like. Fact of the matter is that you have still not given any reason as to why your way is right. Just that you have experience so that's all that counts. When you give factualy reasons as to why air exchange is better at once every 3-5 mins instead of 3-5 times a min then i will listen as i said before.

I do not need to tell this site my entire back ground, what i have grown in the past is my business, There are some that know me better and some i prefer not to share with.

You want to dig up some of my threads then go ahead. Once again unless you give me an actual reason as to why i am wrong then i am not going to bother with you any more. You can come onto any thread and correct me if you like, just make sure you back it up with a little more than "i have experience but i don't want to share the knowledge."

The links you gave only stated the air exchange compatible with the filter you posted. It does not give any info as to why it should be done like that, or how it benefits the plant. If you cannot answer these questions then why are you correcting me?

the chef said:
Fellas...DAm!..FB can take both of your ideas and make it his own....it's not like he gonna be able to follow specs to a perfect T. Smoke a bowl....show each other up on a grow journal..........a friendly noy so friendly comp! You 2 ...2 plants of your choice......whos bud is the best....air flow and exchange are more important so lets see who's more dialed in! You can trash each other there and let FB get back to his.......dam chill! Get it up fellas! I'll subscribe........i dare ya!

Chef buddy all is cool with me. As i said above i gave my opinion and he gave his and its up to the member to choose. I just dont like it when someone tells me im wrong and then does not back up the claim.

I always do a GJ and anyone is welcome to look in. I do not have to prove my way is right. FB asked i answered with MY OPINION and PJ did not like it. He didn't give a reason to back his i gave one for mine.

I am sorry FB, i hope that you have the info you need. I will head out of this thread as i think its past its due date.

Peace to all.

Hope this helps someone:
hxxp://www.aquaculture-hydroponics.co.uk/admin/web-inf/uploads/documents/ventil-bound.pdf

Peter Jennings, please do not 'leave the building'. People who are looking for experience know it when they see it. Therefore, I urge you to continue contributing to this forum if you feel you have helpful information to give.

I'm one of those members who has read extreme amounts of the forum, knows quite a bit from experience, but rarely (never) posts. Reason being, is because I know there are many more qualified people on here to learn from. Yes I could probably help some people, but I enjoy trial/error.

Jericho, while you may have airflow moving 3-5 times a minute, the FACT is that the industry STANDARD is indeed once every 3-5 min. This coming from an a/c contractor. That absolutely does not mean that removing the air in your grow space at a faster pace is not acceptable. Just expect to refill C02 tanks a little more..... ?duh?

I understand how it is frustrating to see incorrect information written multiple times. The way to fix that is to create your own thread, providing information on what you've learned throughout the years, and how you came about doing things the way you do.

Also, can we be clear that opinions are much different than preferences. And facts just are.

I'll go on to say my personal preference has never been faster than once every few minutes. It's also of low importance to me, so to argue one way or the other would be a waste of time.

Finally, before you click the 'post reply' button. If you could replace what you've written with any of the following, just close the page... : "I don't care, you're wrong. Quit making fun of me. My opinion is very important." or my fav. "I demand respect."

In fact, EVERYONE here can potentially be correct when they talk about how often they need to exchange the air in their grow area. I do not have a degree in botany. I have never been a contractor or a plant biologist. But what I do understand is LOGIC.

LOGICALLY, a plant will obsorb CO2 from the air in order to "breathe". Yea this is dumbing it down a bit but logically and basically this is what happens.

Now, let's say Bob is growing 2 small plants in a 500 cubic foot area. And Jim is growing 20 plants in a 200 cubic foot area. OBVIOUSLY, Jim is going to need to exchange the air in his grow area more often than Bob in order to keep up the same CO2 levels in the air because his larger and more numerous amount of plants in a smaller cubic area is eating more CO2 from the air.
EDIT: How often you need to exchange the air in your grow space depends on your grow area and what you are growing in it. CFM ratings on fans and manufacturer suggestions are just that, suggestions.

Tu comprende?

I exchange the air 3-5 times a minute for a reason. I suggest it for a reason and i give my reasons for doing so.
All the experience and proof i need is in my GJ and many others as to how well it works.

IMO it is the cheapest and easiest way to cool a 600w HID lamp.

igotgreensmon said:
Just expect to refill C02 tanks a little more..... ?duh?

When using Co2 your room needs to be sealed no ventilation, meaning you would not be exchanging air so actually no you would not be refilling any co2 tanks a little more.:rolleyes:

imo, changing air 3-5 times a minuate is plain crazy and not needed. Try that formula with a 25' x 25' x 12' room, you would need multiple 14"fans pushing and pulling. That 7,500 cu/ft, and you want to exhange this amount of air every 12-15 seconds???? Never happen.

If you setup your growroom to have Negative Airflow,,it will be fine.
2x2x6= 24cf
That aint gonna take much of a fan to take care of that grow space.
A 100 cfm fan should move the air 4 times a Minute(way more then ya need) and give ya plenty Negative Airflow , which will take care of heat and smell. If ya add a filter it will effect the CFM to a point. The last I heard. CFM means Cubic Feet of Air moved per Minute.
I personally like my air moved twice a minute,,and thats plenty .

yo fruity! first off high five!

second, and final...i'm hoping to post a DIY $12 4" carbon filter. (carbon refills will be along the lines of $6) SUPER easy build. I hope to get it photo'd and posted this afternoon, but if not today for sure tomorrow!!

i'm not sure if it'll be big enough for your space, but depending on how much you're exhausting the space it might just do?!

You guys are wild and crazy! Having a larger fan will not hurt, just that simple. Speedster if need be. Better control of multiple things. Jericho is correct from that standpoint. But no, 3-5 every min is def not needed to grow to full potential. I have 880cfm exhaust for 1500cf. Use 440cfm for intake.

3-5 times per minuet is not air exchange.....it's a wind tunnel.

Would love to sitin on that one....

Man as a bod who sits back on the forum and just likes to watch/read and learn i was finding the exchange of opinions rather interesting....(recognising the fact that opinions are like arseoles, everyones got one)....

But the thread was getting pretty savvy and some info was being exchanged...

No matter wat anyone says, it was obvious both guys have some knowledge/exp
and i was hoping to read a bit more about airflow,exchange co2 ect...Which is wat i thought this forum is about, just us guys helping each other out by exchanging info based on our own experiences, trial and errors etc...?

Theres no ultimate puff guru or authority just yet....But i would hope that peeps here would continue to exchange info in a dignified/civillised manner...Or maybe have a smoke b4 they get heated...?

Keep the info comin guys, its extremely helpful and worthwhile...This forum has helped me bundles.....Peace....

Latest posts

Back