euphoria in the tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think taste is the main reason for using a flush, it washes all the chems out of the soil, and forces the plant to use up any chloropyll stored in it's leaves. The last 10 days your leaves will really yellow. I don't know really how much the molasses really plays in the taste, as much as providing sugars for your buds to really beef up at the end. Alot of the flower enhancers that you can buy like florolicious and stuff are basically molasses. I also just recently was told by Umbra (who obviosely knows his stuff) that the micro beasts feed on the molasses and they are the ones that break down all the salt, and nute build-ups...I think thats how he put it. Most of your late flower bud enhancers main ingredient is molasses, and clearex, which is a flushing agent is basically sugar to..so there is some kind of explanation. IMO flushing definately improves the taste of your smoke. But like I said some people will tell you it doesn't matter, and they can't tell the difference etc...it's a matter of personal preference, and basically the way I was taught to do things.

I know that 2 harvests back I got my dates mixed up and had to harvest with just a quick flush like 2 or 3 days before the chop. People that had smoked this same strain before didn't believe me that it was the same weed, and the only reason I can figure is because of the lack of flushing. These people don't even know I grow it, let alone flushing techniques etc. so it must make some difference...I know I like it better, but it's not a neccesity.

legalize_freedom said:
I think taste is the main reason for using a flush, it washes all the chems out of the soil, and forces the plant to use up any chloropyll stored in it's leaves. The last 10 days your leaves will really yellow. I don't know really how much the molasses really plays in the taste, as much as providing sugars for your buds to really beef up at the end. Alot of the flower enhancers that you can buy like florolicious and stuff are basically molasses. I also just recently was told by Umbra (who obviosely knows his stuff) that the micro beasts feed on the molasses and they are the ones that break down all the salt, and nute build-ups...I think thats how he put it. Most of your late flower bud enhancers main ingredient is molasses, and clearex, which is a flushing agent is basically sugar to..so there is some kind of explanation. IMO flushing definately improves the taste of your smoke. But like I said some people will tell you it doesn't matter, and they can't tell the difference etc...it's a matter of personal preference, and basically the way I was taught to do things.

I know that 2 harvests back I got my dates mixed up and had to harvest with just a quick flush like 2 or 3 days before the chop. People that had smoked this same strain before didn't believe me that it was the same weed, and the only reason I can figure is because of the lack of flushing. These people don't even know I grow it, let alone flushing techniques etc. so it must make some difference...I know I like it better, but it's not a neccesity.

thanks for that lf,i'll stick to what you guys tell me.its how we learn.
i've noticed a bit of yellowing..only some of the lower leaves..bit of shrivilling and going yellow..the rest are nice and green..cant get any pics till 10 tonight,so 5 hours to wait..

yellowing in the last few weeks is what you want...it means your loosing the chlorophyll, thats the stuff that makes your lips and toungue taste burned or nasty when smoking bud that hasn't been dried and cured right, or picked prematurely. sounds like your right where you should be!

cant wait to hear the taste report i'm going to throw my eufs. to flower next week

ok friends all seems to be goin good here..there's a pic on this post that'll show the yellowing`i was talkin about with LF so see what you's think...as i said its only a couple of leafs..buds comin on nicely so happy days!!!!:hubba:
sorry when i look ya cant really see the yellow..close up the second pic and look at the plant on the far right halfway down..hopefully this is just what LF was talkin about...

SAM_0166.JPG

SAM_0165.JPG

SAM_0161.JPG

SAM_0160.JPG

SAM_0159.JPG

SAM_0156.JPG

SAM_0155.JPG

Your gonna lose a few leaves throuout the grow. As long as it's only a few leaves. Adjust your Ph, Nutes, Etc. and don't worry. From what i see your doing just fine brother!

Very sweet looking ladies you got there... You should be verryverry happy in the not to distant future. Going to show these to the mrs. so she can see what the eufs. are supposed to be lookin like.

okay thanks to all you guys for staying with me for this and all your much appreciated advice..i got some pics i hope you all like..it said in the booklet 7 weeks flower but as i said before all the plants seem to be at different stages so i've only started flushing the largest one.most of the bud photos are from her..enjoy

SAM_0233.JPG

SAM_0231.JPG

SAM_0230.JPG

SAM_0228.JPG

SAM_0227.JPG

SAM_0224.JPG

yeah man...lookin good! I have finally found a breeders estimated time that actually finished in that amount of time...only off by a few days. Usually they go at least a week sometimes 2 weeks longer than advertised. So don't sweat it if they are not finished in 7. I usually do my flush when I see amber, or have about 10% amber....then I have another 7 to 10 days for them to finish. But some folks like alot of amber...if your looking for the couch you may want to wait for 30% amber to flush and let it mature for another 7-10 days.

Looking good though man!

I just found this thread, and I want to say how proud I am of my brothers here for helping out like you all are. It is a beautiful thing. Reidser, you got lucky having this team of coaches. You are doing a great job. You should be proud, too. I am loving the shape of those girls. I mostly grow outdoors and I am imagining 6 footers of those with a 4 foot cola as fat as a soccer ball. :eek: True pipe dream.:rolleyes: It would rot so bad where I live. I am watching this finish and here's benny's very best GREEN MOJO for you.

been awhile reidser. looks good. looks real good bro...bet you already have plans for your next?. lol. looks like a few weeks to go yet...

very nice job for being outta the game for so long bro...i knew you'd pull it off from the beginning...lol...

i use M throughout my entire grow. right up til around week 7. got that sugary goodness on your lips after a J...;) :cool: ...

nice job indeed...Irish...

Very nice riedser! Glad you stuck with it! Now your a breath away from your own dank to smoke! Congrats!

thanks benny,the crew were rounded up early on in the grow and really have been fantastic stickin with it..always ready to give you the proper info to help me through each phase of indoor growing:D ...
so LF...THE FLUSH..if i have 10litre pots how much water should be used to flush..i read somwhere just keep pouring till the tray under the pot gets half full...should this be just done once,then normall watering for next 7-10 days..i also heard of not watering 3 days before harvest,helps with the drying of the buds..just want to know what you guys think.
hey irish...we've come a long way from the construction phase!!!:hubba: ..its been great learning as we go...once the money spending is forgotten about from getting set up..but well only have to do that for the first grow so obviously next grow wont hurt the pocket near as much..my mam(dont tell anyone!!) actually got my next batch of beans for me for x mass!..fem seeds again.greenhouse seed company..5 diff strains..cheese,big bang,el nino,white widow and himalaya gold..should be interesting eh.i'm just waiting for right time to try pop em as i've only got the one space for growing at the moment..peace people

the chef said:
Very nice riedser! Glad you stuck with it! Now your a breath away from your own dank to smoke! Congrats!

good stuff chef,i cant wait...is there any items i should be thinking of getting now to have ready for the harvest,like air tight jars for curing or what do you use??

Got these puppy's at bed, bath and beyond. Can't recall how much i paid fer them. Mason jars will do also. I like the lock seal on these. Makes burping a snap.

DSCI1206.JPG

DSCI1207.JPG

DSCI1208.JPG

Reidser, They are going 12/12 this week they perkd very nice got the soil figured out, wont make that mistake again. Sure hope they turn out like yours. Swampbud

Latest posts

Back