Extremely Early Flowers...is this a problem or just good luck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anglerguy78

Reaction score
Hi All. Hope you can help with this one (my first post btw). I've been growing this acapulco gold baby for 5 weeks (2 wks indoors, 3 wks outdoors) from purchased seeds and noticed early female flowers at the third leaf node (plant only has 4 nodes), which is great. I just don't know why it flowered so early and if these flowers will continue as the plant grows. I am hoping to continue outdoor growing though early-mid October and it's only the end of May. Should I be concerned or should I celebrate and guard her like "gold"? Thanks for any info.

IMG_4678 (1280x853) (1024x682).jpg

It will reveg with the longer days. It won't stay flowering. Do you have insects on the lower leaf?

I wouldn't sweat it as long as it's only expressing female sex. Let'er do her thing.

Thanks for that good news. Fortunately, she has no bugs. I will keep you informed of her progress.

Are you sure you didn't get auto seeds? It is quite small to be showing sex.

I only got one auto seed and this is definitely not the one. Thanks for taking a look. Normally I don't get to see flowers in May. It's quite thrilling actually.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Are you sure you didn't get auto seeds? It is quite small to be showing sex.

My exact thoughts lol

If I'm reading the first post correctly; the plant is 5 weeks old and that is old enough to show gender.
I do think the leaves are quite small if, it's 5 weeks old in the picture.

Even though the plant is five weeks old and technically old enough to show sex, the days are still lengthening. I have a hard time believing that a 5 week plant that small that is outdoors in lengthening light is going to show sex if it is not an auto.

However if it is a female and it is already flowering, I doubt that you will be able to take it through the early to mid October. Most strains have an 8-10 week flowering period. Sativa dominant strains will take longer. The buds will grow, the trichs will mature, and then if not harvested when ripe, they will die. This is not aqplant that you can keep flowering indefinitely--you need to take the plant when it is ready.

I probably wouldn't be celebrating. A early flowering strain is not necessarily a good thing, especially if it is really small when it starts flowering.

I wonder if the plant was in light 24/0....... then being moved out doors getting light 16/8 caused it to strart flower as a reaction to the change.

She's just showing you her sex in my opinion angler guy. If that's a photoperiod and 5 week old outside at this time of year I can't think of a reason she'll be kicking off yet! She's not even thinking about it! Just got big piss flaps so to speak lol!

Angler guy doesn't mention his location. I grow outdoors and I'm flowering.
Sativas seem to be alot more sensitive to lengthening days but, my area doesn't go over 14 hours

This lady lives in northcentral mass. She was never under 24/0 light, just 16/8 while under lights for a couple weeks then outside in mid may. She only gets about 5 hrs direct morning-early afternoon light and indirect for about 4 more hrs but seems to like it.

You're saying it sprouted 5 weeks ago and that's how big it is now? From my few grows experience that seems impossible to early flower that young, from seed. From clone, a lot of us have experienced it.

Being so small at 5 weeks, were they stunted from something?

It doesn't look like its flowering....being from seed it's going to show sex...those two "fuzzy" pistils are only signs that its female...not flowering...my entire grow this session is all from seed and that 4th-6th week is when the females started to show...I'd say you're right on track

Here's an update pic from june 16. There are flowers at all the nodes. She looks pretty spindly but has a good stink about her. Not sure what the future holds. I'll just continue to let her grow and see what happens.

20130616.la.nina (800x1200).jpg

is the lighting outside causing flowering? it could possibly reveg from there and end up being be a monster....

do you check ph or ph your water?

might be a good idea to research it...

Latest posts

Back