Family Guy marijuana episode banned in Venezuela

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Cheeky television show The Family Guy has stirred up a new controversy, this time getting itself banned from an entire country.

Government authorities in Venezuela are enforcing a boycott of the show after an episode that promoted the use of marijuana, the Associated Press reports.

Television stations have been threatened with fines if they don't stop airing the show.

Earlier this week the show caused outrage at the Emmy Awards thanks to a violent clip showing one of the characters, Stewie Griffin, bashing Brian the family dog and flushing his head down the toilet.

"Originally I would have said this show was tired and boring. Definitely not entertaining," said one reader on a New York Times blog.

"After just watching what was supposed to be a funny cartoon clip with Family Guy's Stewie beating the dog into a bloody pulp, I can now call it disgusting."

The controversy in Venezuela was sparked by an episode in which the Griffin family campaigned to legalise marijuana.

The politically-incorrect animated show has been nominated for 11 Emmy Awards and has won three.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/ydw6ltq

A bag of weed, a bag of weed, everything is better with a bag of weed! i do love the family guy!

Family guy rocks....I hve all the seasons on dvd...hours and hours of entertainment...every time I re watch an episode I find something I missed from the last time seeing it...

Seth Macfarlane is genius. I love his comedy, but I think he is pushing it with The Cleveland show.

We will see :)

Yes this show is hilarious.They get away with alot I love it!

The episode where Stewie beat Brian up made me shoot milk out my nose.

Here's the bag o weed song:
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idqh3xnrx3E

ElJefe1971 said:
Seth Macfarlane is genius. I love his comedy, but I think he is pushing it with The Cleveland show.

We will see :)

Really? I am looking forward to it. Its bound to be funny.

when i die, i hope i get reincarnated into one of them cartoon characters..

Latest posts

Back