Fast Flower 6/12?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocker420

Reaction score
Anyone tried this method? I read in a High Time and someone mentiond a "Fast Flowering" method by switching your lights from 12/12 to 6/12. And i was just wondering if anyone does or has tried this and what are the results, does it really make flowering faster?

I would imagine actually that it would make the plant stretch more and provide less bud because if you tihnk about it, the more light you provide to your colas the harder they get. So if you provide less light, less colas... Thats my though on the process but then again I'm only on my first grow.

im pritty sure it dose grow in the dark.. im not saything that method would or would not work but i have herd of people switching their plants to 6/12 or just 24 7 darkness for the last week of budding it will cause the plant to sent alot of its nutes to the bud so they claim

6/12 or 6 hours on and 12 hours off (in my opinion) will make no difference at all except that it will take a longer time for your plants to grow. 6 hours of dark and 12 hours of light would be similar to veg but once again would veg slowly
many growers will turn there lights off for 72 hours befor they cut. this helps a small amount to make the trichomes mature.
I believe in theory you can turn your cycle to 6 hours of light and 18 hours of darknes for a few days and this may also help but i have no experiance doing this.
check this out from harvest master http://www.harvest-master.com/products.html
and look how the different products work it would be a cool experiment
ether way I can vouch for leaving the lights off for 72 hours before you chop

Yeah, to successfully flower your plants it needs to be less light and more darkness to creat the feel of winter coming. What you need to do is find out the day light time ratio for the months that flowering would naturally begin if planted outside in your area. Once you find that out then you can take that and use that to flower your plants.

Here the plants would flower in august-october. So i would go find out the day light and dark time ratio for those days and recreate that in my green house!

Hope that was some help to you, take care bro and good luck.

14 on 10 off in september at 40 degrees north lat.

lol there ya go :p he's got his figured, i'm quite sure that'd work effectively right as long as you started them off using the outside ratios all the way to your force flower?

I'm on 13 on 11 off. I figured that extra hour of light would make my buds fatter. Can't really say whether it did or didn't though. I might start to knock off an hour every 2 days until harvest and see if theres a difference.

bombbudpuffa said:
I'm on 13 on 11 off. I figured that extra hour of light would make my buds fatter. Can't really say whether it did or didn't though. I might start to knock off an hour every 2 days until harvest and see if theres a difference.
your still in the veg side... im sure you have bud growth but your buds will not fully mature with that kind of cycle you need atleast 12/12.
your light cycle would be equivalent to being permanantly in the last week of May.
turn your lights to 12/12 as soon as you can

Actually trichnut i was reading something out of hightimes on the Harvest Master and it had a setting on it that switches your plant from 18/6 - 12/12 - (or) 6/12. And they say its "Fast flowering".

thats 6hrs of light and 12hrs of darkness, for a total of 18hrs what will the plant do for the other 6 hrs.

Latest posts

Back