Feds Target Calif Pot Dispensaries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've gathered that from his writings. It doesn't make any sense to me, personally. You'd think someone so seemingly active in the marijuana industry would favor any and all actions that gain headway into the legalization of it, on a federal level; not just the state level, for the state in which he resides. Afterall, legalization of medical marijuana on the federal level would relieve the stresses California dispensaries are receiving right now. For the time being, fight them off, but fight them off of the dispensaries that are following the regulations set forth, not the ones who arent. You might not agree with the who's or why's they are prosecuting them, or even care, but in order to establish unity between federal and state governments, we're going to have to prove that we can follow the regulations bestowed upon the industry by our individual state governments.

California is just a part of a whole... it should care about how the whole feels about the part, because it's only by establishing a system that is regulated and explicitly followed, that the nation is going to achieve legalized Medical Marijuana. I personally don't think it ever will. There are enough ignorant people in the nation that oppose legalizing it, and believe it is a harmful substance. Having said that, I fully expect the federal government to continue targeting dispensaries and growers in any state, being on the course that they are. If they prosecute dispensaries in Cali, they have to prosecute dispensaries in other states with legalized medical marijuana dispensaries. Otherwise Californianas will become irate because their dispensaries were shut down while other states' dispensaries were not. California is just the Feds' first target and market for developing a strategy in taking down dispensaries in other states. If things change in the future, who knows? But right now, I don't think it'll happen.

-nasty

Hal I am not judging you based on what you are posting I am judging you on how you treat people who disagree with you. The scene may be exactly like you say it is but if you constantly berate people they are not even going to consider your opinions. You may be right about the industry you may be wrong, but you sure do treat a lot of people on here like crap when they disagree with you.

I've about had a bellyfull of the insolence myself. I'm sick of your "I'm fighting for your rights" bull crap. Tired of your "we're better" attitude as well. If you can't talk without degrading and insults, just "don't"...
Cali is and has been at the forefront of the fight against prohibition. THAT doesn't make them 'right', our 'savior', or a 'model' program. It has certainly caused as much harm as it has 'good' for other states.

Cry me a river.

Now Gentlemen, I don't think we are better then any other State at all.
All I am sayin' is quit yer cryin' over what we do in our State, simple as that. We are not going to change crap. I will defend my State and the choices we make and the folks living in it.
I am sick of it too Hick, very Sick.

I can see noone commented on the statement of what would be happening now if we had passed full legalization. The Feds would be so much more on us it wouldn't be funny, and all you others would be behind us.

Do not blame me for your ill conceived views of what is "Medical Marijuana" and how YOU think our law should work.

Alot of you think that folks are not following our State Laws, but in fact We are. Again, for those with reading comprehension skills, No one in our State has been arrested for running ANY dispensary by ANY State agency.
Why is that Smart guys????

Simpley put, we ARE following STATE law.

Now, who is coming down on us...Federal Law Enforcement. Why is that?
Because they say we are not following the law in thier eyes. But those eyes see only Federal Laws in which MMJ is the same as Heroin.
Now for those that believe everything they see on TV, they spin the tail of rouge Dispensaries not operating under state law.

Now, if this was the case Roddy, why wouldn't State agencies shut them down???? Because they can't my friend, because they are operating correctly.

Like I said, I'm tired of tryin' to explain my States MMJ laws to folks that allready have a closed mind due to "The News".

Roddy said:
You've said this one so many times, I'm beginning to think you actually believe it. Hmmm, so all the other states got it wrong, just Cali had the brains to get it right? :rofl: :rofl:

No man, the damned waters were so muddy from all the crap Cali was pulling, we were lucky to even get it on the ballot....thanks!

It's nice to know that Cali has control of what Michegans citizens put on the ballot. It's also nice to know that MI is the only other State that recognizes Cali MMJ Recs.

Now thats funny.

getnasty said:
Hal,

How do you think the fight for completely legalizing marijuana, on both the state and federal fronts, is going to go in the future, if the dispensary owners and prescribing physicians can't follow the regulations put in place before them? That makes you proud? Why would it make you proud when it is harming our progress in turning around the assbackwards legalities concerning marijuana in our nation? I am in 100% agreement with you that we should not be prohibited in smoking the herb from a plant that grows out of the ground from a seed, much like we are not prohibited to drink alcohol. But, my friend, being proud of these peoples' blatant disregard for following rules and regulations isn't right, in my opinion It is only proving to the federal government that legalizing it would create more problems than it would solve. And that's exactly why the feds are cracking down on marijuana dispensaries in Cali - as I see it, anyways. While Cali may be "fighting for our rights," those few dispensaries and physicians are counterproductive in that fight. Get rid of them.

-nasty

Again nasty, we ARE following State law. Look it up man. The Feds are pissed cause we blew it out big time. The State has no say in it because we are following State Law.

This is a Federal issue, not a personal issue.

I just deleted my thread on this same subject, no point starting this all over again, LOL, anyway here is the article i posted from todays USA Today.

hXXp://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/10/feds-order-all-calif-medical-marijuana-outlets-to-close/1

NorCalHal said:
It's nice to know that Cali has control of what Michegans citizens put on the ballot. It's also nice to know that MI is the only other State that recognizes Cali MMJ Recs.

Now thats funny.

You're so full of yourself you don't see what's right in front of you. OF COURSE you had pull, all those who were on the fence were WATCHING YOU. Man, this isn't rocket science.....

I am sick of it too Hick, very Sick.
He was speaking directly to you in regard to berating behavior toward others. It's on the forum rules to treat everybody with respect - no exceptions.

Like I said, I'm tired of tryin' to explain my States MMJ laws to folks that allready have a closed mind due to "The News".
We're tired of trying to help you understand that not EVERYBODY in your state is following the laws you guys have established. You don't seem to grasp that concept. This is the reason the feds are up your guff right now. Federal law trumps state law. California is not some great country within a country... it's 1 part of 50 states that make up this country. While your local officials may not target you guys for having dispensaries, federal officers have jurisdiction anywhere in the country, and if something violates federal law, they will jump all over it.

They initially left you guys alone... for what reason? To jerk your chain into thinking you wouldn't be prosecuted for it? More than likely because they didnt care. Now figures of 70 some odd percent of confiscated marijuana on the eastern seaboard and abroad is marijuana grown in Cali; proven through soil analysis. That's reason enough for them to intiate the investigation of the dispensaries in CA.

And I highly doubt every single one of the dispensaries out there is non-profit. They might advertise that, but it certainly doesn't mean that they are. Bear in mind that I'm not saying all of the dispensaries are in the wrong, and I'm not saying that the Feds aren't going overboard with their persecution. But I am saying that if you truely think everybody in California is following the regulations to a T, whether theyre growing privately, growing for a dispensary, or are a dispensary themselves, you need a reality check. The feds didnt just wake up one morning and decide that they'd like to prosecute dispensaries in legal MMJ Cali for no reason. As I said, they left you alone at first. now they've been given a reason to take action.

-nasty

Ahhhh....calm....Man I love good herb.

Now, I want to apologise to anyone I have offended...except newgirl...irritates me to no end.

I truly do not intend to come across like a jerk, but if I do, what can I say. Believe me when I say that that is not the first time I have heard that irl. lol
I run a Cali legal Collective filed with the State. I have Lawyers on the team along with multiple lifelong friends. We are following State law to the T.
Yes, I make a living off of it. I am the CEO of my collective and I am entiltled to monetery compensation for my time and efforts. This is all legal under State Law.
Under Federal Law, and in some of your eyes, I am a Criminal. Sad.

I have strong views man, and I am passionate about this subject, as it affects me personally. I know many folks that have been caught up in Federal cases that would have never made it to a Cali court.
That is the real issue.

What has taken place over the last 2 years in my state has been a game changer. There are more dispensaries then Starbucks and McDonalds combined. It has exploded across the State. There are many Labs that do testing and packaging. There are "grow room" consulting firms. There are Grow room "Classification" programs. There are Candy makerrs, Hash Makers and MMJ Delivery Drivers. There are Doctors and Lawyers and such involved in the Industry.
For my State, it has been a driving force in our economic recovery.

Now, personally, I think that there are too many dispensaries, and yes, some are shady, just like YOUR local 7-11 that buy stolen ciggerettes and resell them. There are bad apples in every Industry.
Just don't get caught up in news stories that say most all of them are bad, cause they are not.

The last thing I want is division amongst the US Stoner population, but I think that will allways be from postings on this board.

here is the cliff note version---the fed is flexing its muscle and trumping state law in cali cause elections are coming up and they need to show the fight on drug agenda for the conservatives and votes---it's easy pickin's for them---they are building their platform---take down a few big dispensaries splash the news and move on---the other twist to that is BIG PHARMA lobbyists fueling the fire with their BIG $$$---these are the muthas you got to watch out for---

orangesunshine said:
here is the cliff note version---the fed is flexing its muscle and trumping state law in cali cause elections are coming up and they need to show the fight on drug agenda for the conservatives and votes---it's easy pickin's for them---they are building their platform---take down a few big dispensaries splash the news and move on---the other twist to that is BIG PHARMA lobbyists fueling the fire with their BIG $$$---these are the muthas you got to watch out for---
Very good points you bring up!

orangesunshine said:

Spot on.

I just don't think folks in other Staes see this. They don't see the Merck rep at MMJ Conferences. They don't see the Pfizer Reps at MMJ Expo's gathering info and intelligence. That's the BIG picture they don't see yet.

If the Feds can say "Hey look, Cali dispensaies are being ran by criminals", they can say we ARE going to regulate it and let Big Pharma handle production and distribution to eleviate the criminal element. Why, cause Big Pharma will kick them back come election time.

If they can take over Cali, they can take the rest of the States programs too.
That is what they are setting up.

NorCalHal said:
Yes, I make a living off of it. I am the CEO of my collective and I am entiltled to monetery compensation for my time and efforts. This is all legal under State Law.

Under Federal Law, and in some of your eyes, I am a Criminal. Sad.
Very sad. But, in my eyes, you are not a criminal. You are following the rules.

What has taken place over the last 2 years in my state has been a game changer. There are more dispensaries then Starbucks and McDonalds combined. It has exploded across the State. There are many Labs that do testing and packaging. There are "grow room" consulting firms. There are Grow room "Classification" programs. There are Candy makerrs, Hash Makers and MMJ Delivery Drivers. There are Doctors and Lawyers and such involved in the Industry.
For my State, it has been a driving force in our economic recovery.
This is one factor that I hold very high in my thoughts on legalizing marijuana. The economic recovery would be huge across the entire nation with new industries unveiling and bringing about more business.

Now, personally, I think that there are too many dispensaries, and yes, some are shady, just like YOUR local 7-11 that buy stolen ciggerettes and resell them. There are bad apples in every Industry.
Just don't get caught up in news stories that say most all of them are bad, cause they are not.
Right on, bud. If I was trying to say anything, I was trying to say this. Unfortunately, those bad apples, in your industry, are attracting federal attention.

Also, I thank you very much for the rational reply. :)

-nasty

Roddy said:
But then, why mainly Cali?
Because, when you're in Georgia and you hear Medical Marijuana, you think, "OH! RIGHT! California!" They are the frontiersmen in the industry. The first to legalize marijuana. Stop it where the fame is, stop it for good. Also, it's much easier to centralize your resources in one state than to spread it about amongst many.

Roddy said:
But then, why mainly Cali?

Simple Roddy, we have FAR more dispensaries then anyother state. They can shut down 100 and it really will have no effect on patients getting thier herb.

Now, if they came to MI and shut down the limited amount of dispensaies, folks would cry out and make a HUGE fuss right?

The Feds know what they are doing.

Why won't they target Harborside? They just got audited by the IRS, they have aTV show called Weed Wars on Discovery channel. They know if they shut down Harborside, HUGE protests that will be covered by mainstream Media will take place. Politics.

I hope I don't get banned, I love these discussions.

I love Colorado too! (this is a feable attempt to make Hick smile and not ban me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back