Feds Target Calif Pot Dispensaries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
getnasty said:
Because, when you're in Georgia and you hear Medical Marijuana, you think, "OH! RIGHT! California!" They are the frontiersmen in the industry. The first to legalize marijuana. Stop it where the fame is, stop it for good. Also, it's much easier to centralize your resources in one state than to spread it about amongst many.

See what I mean about the pull Cali has/had on other states? You may not think it's happening, but it is, my friend!

Roddy said:
But then, why mainly Cali?
---cali is in the spot light---after all---has any other state ever even had legalization on their ballot never mind come close to legalizing the whole enchilada---:48:

Roddy said:
See what I mean about the pull Cali has/had on other states? You may not think it's happening, but it is, my friend!

So what should we do man? Shut down all of our dispensaries? Fold under Federal pressure?
I can't convince FoxNews to do a positive story on our scene, and there are far more positives then negitives.

I didn't say there was much you could do, save maybe act responsibly as it sounds you are. Maybe encourage responsible actions through positive marketing, discourage irresponsible actions by denouncing the shifty docs and dispensaries....

Fox is a republican network anyways. They wouldn't do a positive story on it or they'd shut down their own doors. Lol. And while there might be far more positive than negatives, the feds are always going to emphasize the gravity of the negative side. :( With bad news coming out of Cali about this, other states are going to be less inclined to follow suit. But, if this is just a political election thing, after it's over we should see the return of normal activity in Cali. Could also just be the Fed's saying "Don't get too comfortable with it, we're still in charge" too. Either way, anything that goes on cali is going to effect the rest of us... it's just natural. Let it flow, imo. When the tension eases up in Cali, our individual state governments will ease up too, and our windows to legalize medical marijuana will open wider than they previously were.

getnasty said:
Fox is a republican network anyways. They wouldn't do a positive story on it or they'd shut down their own doors. Lol. And while there might be far more positive than negatives, the feds are always going to emphasize the gravity of the negative side. :( With bad news coming out of Cali about this, other states are going to be less inclined to follow suit. But, if this is just a political election thing, after it's over we should see the return of normal activity in Cali. Could also just be the Fed's saying "Don't get too comfortable with it, we're still in charge" too. Either way, anything that goes on cali is going to effect the rest of us... it's just natural. Let it flow, imo. When the tension eases up in Cali, our individual state governments will ease up too, and our windows to legalize medical marijuana will open wider than they previously were.

I'm not so inclined to believe the govt theory as a whole, that may be a driving force, but I think the bad press has been building too long and it's irked the President. On the news channels, I've seen some of the state reps and local community leaders on there denouncing as well, politically driven? Maybe, maybe not.

President Obama cracking down on dispensaries might make him some money for his election kettle, might make him friends in big pharma, but he'll be losing the voters who believe in MMJ, and we are a growing number. I'm sure he knows this, and I'm sure he knows he needs all the support he can get, wherever that may come from. I believe he's going to act upon the bad eggs; the ones set up illegally or in bad areas etc (as he has said in several of the bulletins sent out) so as to keep a balance and to make the most friends he can.

PREDICTION---every October in cali there will a huge media splash for the federal war on drugs because it is harvest time---easy pickins' for the the conservatives to jump on the band wagon, show their loyalty, and their constituents (sheep) they mean business cause fed trumps state---it is used to drive whatever agenda they are pushing---donations, donations, donations to build the campaign fund

in all business there will be some that don't play by the rules---let's not bury the whole movement for full blown legalization cause of a minority knuckleheads got caught acting outside the state medical parameters---there are way many more people following the state law and doing the right thing than not

getnasty said:
Because, when you're in Georgia and......

That is your main problem. Real nice place to visit but I sure would not want to live there.just my $0.02

Roddy said:
I believe he's going to act upon the bad eggs; the ones set up illegally or in bad areas etc

As they should if they be in Cali or MI

orangesunshine said:
in all business there will be some that don't play by the rules---let's not bury the whole movement for full blown legalization cause of a minority knuckleheads got caught acting outside the state medical parameters---there are way many more people following the state law and doing the right thing than not

Exactly...Have we outlawed Tobacco because Habeeb at the local 7-11 sold cigs to some 16 year old? Not to mention alcohol wld be soooo banned because it is constantly sold to minors.

I don't think the feds are concerned with the bad eggs so much as they are really concerned that the cry for MJ to be legalized gets louder and louder. I mean if MJ is this oh so dangerous and evil drug then it doesn't look so good for the feds when a place like Cali hasn't exactly become over run with MJ addicts when they hve the most relaxed MJ laws out there. jmo

orangesunshine said:

I haven't seen this happen, have been pointing this out all along myself. However, some don't like to agree that there's actually bad in Cali, period.

pcduck said:
As they should if they be in Cali or MI

Agreed...why I asked why only Cali this time around. If I wanted to make a REAL statement, I'd make these threats to all MMJ states. I mean, if it's like is said and only threats, the cost is a few stamps and envelopes...right?

Roddy said:
However, some don't like to agree that there's actually bad in Cali, period.

I don't think anyone here is so naive to think that bad apples/people are everywhere. It is a sad fact.....

Hamster Lewis said:
I don't think anyone here is so naive to think that bad apples/people are everywhere. It is a sad fact.....

idk, some of these discussions have had certain Cali people acting this way..... :rofl:

Roddy said:
Agreed...why I asked why only Cali this time around. If I wanted to make a REAL statement, I'd make these threats to all MMJ states. I mean, if it's like is said and only threats, the cost is a few stamps and envelopes...right?

I don't if they all got the letter, but I know of a few raids that have happened in MI. I think it just makes for better news to do it in CA

pcduck said:
That is your main problem. Real nice place to visit but I sure would not want to live there.just my $0.02
Hehe, I was picking Georgia as an example, I don't live there. :p I'm on the east coast, yes, but a bit more north than GA. :D

-nasty

Yeah, a few have been busted...the ones I think I remember were acting grossly outside the law. These were a year or so back?

I believe I just heard that Topeka Kansas can't afford to prosecute domestic violence....may lead to decriminalization of beating your loved one? Isn't this a state that's hard on mj?

Roddy said:
Yeah, a few have been busted...the ones I think I remember were acting grossly outside the law. These were a year or so back?

This June, is the one that I personally know. Was well within the law, but was a in the limelight advocate. Took everything, eventfully got it all back, but nothing worked. And who knows if they made copies of the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back