Female Ratio Increasing Tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canso said:
temp. inversion

have light time temps lower then night.
lights on 65deg, lights off 75deg.
what the heck? how??? is this better
thats not natural under the sun.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
yes, Puff... clones r the best route to go... that's how I do it. NEVER had a male in over 20 years by cloning.;)
hey... I've heard another method before... soak your seeds in chlorine bleach for 48 hrs before planting... give that a try...
i love clones, saves weeks of work, only 5 bucks guaranteed female. as for the chlorine, it works great on creating only females:ignore: :

JeSus said:
Whoah, calm down there sonny!
1. It was a JOKE, sarcasm...
2. The topic title is Female Ratio Increasing Tips, key words being 'Ratio Increasing'

And who's to say i havent read the topics floating around, i indeed have, and i still stick to the fact Fem seeds SHOULD produce more females than a pack of normal seeds.

I am not trying to jump on you, but I feel as though recomending someone just use feminized seeds to get more females is misleading as they can turn male or hermi just as quickly as regular seeds. When that happens they have spent way more on seeds than what they should have just to get males.

Personally I think feminized seeds are a rip off. If you want to increase the ratio of females keep the stress to a minimum. Don't use fancy fertilizers until necessary. Keep the heat and humidity within a good range. Make sure your light scheduale stays constant. Keep to a tight regimine and don't over fuss with your plants. I know a lot of frist timers who will constantly just check their plants, fuss with them, and disrupt their growth. Your best bet is to just leave them be until it is necessary to move them around and disrupt them.

Also there is always the prospect of buying a cliping from a known female plant. Of course stress still plays a factor because overstressing will cause it to hermi even though it is female.

I take offence to most things, im stupid like that lmao. But i understand, my recommendation wasnt supposed to be taken seriously.

Anyhow, <3

IMO it still does have factors that have to be taken into consideration with any seed e.g. environment, soil, hydro,etc. We all try to emulate nature for our plants the best we can and hearvest our results. We can only try to improve ratios by making the stronger fem seeds and by lowering all possible stress' to the plant. IMO temps in mid 70s F are good for producing fems along with fair management ive had 3 out of 4 so far be fem. different bag strains too or was it luck of the draw?

To be honest i've never ever known a female seed to turn male.

I've know them to turn hermie, i've known regular seeds to turn hermie also.

On the whole though i've had pretty much nothing but success with fem seeds.

I know another guy who grew a lot of greenhouse feminized hazes and is getting fantastic results even though they are 9 damn feet.

I've got some fem seeds just sprouting.

I have feminized cheese from greenhouse feminized lemon skunk from greenhouse feminized trainwreck from greenhouse.

I also have quite a few regular seeds going with it, when the time comes I will give the results.

I have probably around about 100 seeds right now either germinating still or sprouting/seedling.

I wouldn't say the numbers are 50/50 probably more like 15 feminized seeds and 85 regs.

.. I will resist the temptation to ..'critisize' feminisations..

I just don't understand the reasoning behind paying the unreasonably high dolla' EXTRA for femmed??
All you need is ONE goodfemale from a package, and you'll have all the females you will EVER need or desire. Choose the "best" female and clone her for years
Choose your "best" male, catch a l'il pollen and make a few seeds for future grows, or to pass along to a 'less fortunate' soul. You'll never be able to do THAT with femminised seeds!

not everyone has the space for seperate areas to clone veg and bloom bro

i can say one thing ive only used bag seed cause its all i got and dubbaman told me he thinks they are females because of they are showing preflowers so if they are that makes 4 bag seeds 4 females ,at this point i need a male so i can make seeds ,hopefully they dont all hermie on me lol,,knock on wood wit me

Hick said:
.. I will resist the temptation to ..'critisize' feminisations..

I just don't understand the reasoning behind paying the unreasonably high dolla' EXTRA for femmed??
All you need is ONE goodfemale from a package, and you'll have all the females you will EVER need or desire. Choose the "best" female and clone her for years
Choose your "best" male, catch a l'il pollen and make a few seeds for future grows, or to pass along to a 'less fortunate' soul. You'll never be able to do THAT with femminised seeds!

Think again bro.. my early first grow i used 7 regular mexican haze seeds!! and what do i get ? only 5 out of the 7 sprouted and those 5 all was males:eek: .. so you cant always get a femmale ? probably most of the time but in my case i lost my time+money+patient+mind:) ..

so this time i startted again with some fem seeds.. they didnt show sex yet but wish me luck this time..

red_ss said:
Think again bro.. my early first grow i used 7 regular mexican haze seeds!! and what do i get ? only 5 out of the 7 sprouted and those 5 all was males:eek: .. so you cant always get a femmale ? probably most of the time but in my case i lost my time+money+patient+mind:) ..

so this time i startted again with some fem seeds.. they didnt show sex yet but wish me luck this time..

I think people are missing the point. The point is, that just because it is a fem seed does not mean it will be female. Yeah you can put regular bag seed in the dirt and get all males, but you can pop a fem seed in and get all hermies. It is just how you take care of them, and even at that things still happen.

I read on OG where the closest plants to the fan would be more likely to be male...when you sex your seedlings, pay attention to the relationship to the moving air...it's too simple to be true, eh??

Puffin Afatty said:
I read on OG where the closest plants to the fan would be more likely to be male...when you sex your seedlings, pay attention to the relationship to the moving air...it's too simple to be true, eh??

cmoon man?? my plants always is very near to the fan!! and the air blow them 24h? so that means im stressing them? is it possople to turn hermi because of the fan?
and what do you mean pay attention to the moving air ? should i keep the fan far away from plants?

pussum said:
I think people are missing the point. The point is, that just because it is a fem seed does not mean it will be female. Yeah you can put regular bag seed in the dirt and get all males, but you can pop a fem seed in and get all hermies. It is just how you take care of them, and even at that things still happen.

I think you have a exellant point ( how to take care of plants to make them be femmales)

so i have an idea to avoid that argument about whats better regular seeds or feminised.. why dont the experts here and the pro growers post a thread about taking care of plants triying to avoid males and hermies and get femmales???

red_ss said:
I think you have a exellant point ( how to take care of plants to make them be femmales)

so i have an idea to avoid that argument about whats better regular seeds or feminised.. why dont the experts here and the pro growers post a thread about taking care of plants triying to avoid males and hermies and get femmales???

I don't think theres anything in particular we can set our mind too to prevent hermies.

All I think we can do is strive to learn more and improve our plants environments to make those girls so happy that balls are never even a contemplation, even then you can still get them.

i hope to learn more.. and i hope we stick together in this fourm:)

..look in the "Growers Resources" 'ss. It's already there!..:)

Hick, if people actually read the info here before posting questions, there would be 50% less questions, LOL. Back in the 80's, when seed banks were just starting, there were the same questions. At that time there was a product on the market to give a higher rate of females. I hesitate to say 100% females. I believe it was called sensi soak. This product still exists. I believe the active ingredients are ethylene and auxins. The theory behind them is logical. However, if after 20 years they are not more popular, I wonder how well they work. Someone could try an experiment and post results. Any takers?

Latest posts

Back