fire protection + exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballin3535

Reaction score
Hey guyz whats up. My problem is thta the most imporant thing to me would be safety with a fire.I could never have this happen to me.I was seeing if there was any sorta devices out there that (could) stop a fire or even some kinda system.Any stories ou there of any fires?I bought a daytona 265 cfm exhaust fan and it is way to loud any advice?

You could always buy/build a sprinkler system.
But that'll cost you couple of thousand.

IMO: I would just get new good quality equipment.
and you should be ok.

You can put insulation around your fan to quiet it down.

nice lil until there wheresmymind, but I would be more worried about it failing. 20 cubic meters...thats a lot of powder to clean up.
I agree good equipment, fire alarm, GFCI outlet, and some general precautions . I also keep a lil KID fire extinguisher next to the grow.

F*I*R*E,
Yeah, that would be a bad word. Fire prevention is no more difficult then taking a booger outa yer nose, but some folks do love to get it complicated. For an indoor growbox that has caught fire here are your options:

1. dry chemical (not good for this type fire, good for fuel type fire}
2. water (not good for this type fire, good for papertype combustables)
3. Halon ( good for this type fire because of electrical, BUT with WARNING !!

Halon gas displaces the oxygen in the surrounding area thereby putting out the flame, but be most careful that you don't suffocate yourself putting out the fire.

Your all around best advise is think through what your doing, get help from those that have been there and done that. Then go easy at it, watching for potential problems as you put things together.
It's really like flying, 98% of crashes are due to pilot error
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Latest posts

Back