Firefighters find pot plants while battling blaze

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
GRESHAM, Ore. - Firefighters trying to put out a house fire in Gresham Saturday night found about 50 marijuana plants inside the home.

It happened at a duplex on Northeast Kane Drive and Northeast Seventh Court about 9:30 p.m.

A neighbor posted a video of the fire on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/v/iuDVaZfpDvQ&rel=1&border=1

Someone called 911 reporting an explosion and fire at the home. Once firefighters got inside the house and extinguished the flames, they found the pot plants in two different bedrooms, fire officials said.

One neighbor told KATU he has seen pot plants sitting on the porch.

"Well I thought either they had a medical license to either (sic) have it, which is a possibility, or they're just pretty bold," said the neighbor, who identified himself only as Dustin.

Police are investigating whether this was an illegal marijuana growing operation. Meanwhile, fire officials are trying to determine what caused the blaze.

http://www.katu.com/news/13934252.html

damn, sure hope hes a legal grower,
thats a sucky way for your grow to get busted,

Not only do you lose your plants, but you lose your home; and everything in it......and if the fire was related to the grow....that ***** even moree.

Meanwhile, fire officials are trying to determine what caused the blaze

Urrrmmmmm...

yep, that is a real bummer. a reality of the modern world for sure, but none the less a real bummer. probably not gonna collect any insurance due to the illegal nature of the grow.
I watched the fire dept put out a brush fire next yard over from my buddies grow, got within 30 ft, but we had moved the plants out before the volunteer fire department and LEO arriveda and were spraying the area down with water to avoid compromise.

Latest posts

Back