First 12/12 From Seed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRGREENIE

Reaction score
HEY GUYS THIS MY FIRST OFFICIAL GROW:hubba: SO IM REALY EXITED IM TRYING TO GROW SOME BUD BEFORE MY HOLIDAYS :D COMING SOON.IM DOING 12/12 FROM SEED SO I WILL NEED SOME HELP TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:
HOW LONG FROM SEED TO HARVEST? IVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE SO SOME HELP PLEASE:holysheep:
IM USING A GROW BOX AND 2 FLOUROS
I GERMINATED JUST ONE SEED (BAGSEED THINK ITS SUPUR SKUNK:hubba: ) IN PAPER TOWEL AND PLACED IT IN THE SOIL BOUT 2 DAYS AGO WAITIN FOR IT TO CRACK THE SURFACE .ANOTHER QUESTION IS DO I START 12/12 AS SOON AS I SEE GROWTH OR MUST I WAIT A WHILE FIRST? PLESE HELP I WILL POST AS SOON AS I SEE GROWTH.

PEACE:cool:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Picture\Picture 066.jpg

The seedlings dont jump into flowering, they still have a veg phase.:)

I Knw They Have A Veg Phase But You Can Flower From Seed

Yea, lots of people do it but i would not reccomend it. :)

yes you can flower from seed, yes if you only have one or a couple plants you will not yeild much. if you start into 12/12 after they pop they will grow some but they will start to flower immediately. might be slow to show sex but with enough lumens (which you need an hid if you only have flos) then the yeild will be ok. to truly recieve an increased yeill from low veg time you must plant an sog with numbers and grow cycle after cycle, or your yeild will be decreased drasticly otherwise. time is a factor in gpw so for one grow with flos only flowering from seed isnt suggusted. now grow 50 or more seeds, if lucky get half females- plant on 6 inch centers flower from seed and grow with a good HID your yeild will be good considering your knocking a month of the full cycle.

everyone whos expierenced knows if you flower an immature plant the final product is hindered in potential, but done right it can be bennifical.

to a novice i say upgrade the light and plant more seeds than you need- as its likely most wont make it because of sex and conditions, they are rarely optimal under these existing conditions, everything of course being put into perspective.

green mojo to the gro bro :)

Why Isnt It A Good Idea Please Let Me Knw If There Are Any Doubts.
I Thought Of Experimenting By Growing 12/12 From Seed If Anyone Has Any Info On This Method Let Me Knw Please

youll get more, potent buds for every day of veg, if you planned on 12/12 from seed. You want more bud, give her more time..
ive seen numerous 12/12 grows on here, so theres some threads you can take a look at, They just never impressed me, only a few members can, TBG, C&H, PUFFIN, FNG, OD HICK IS BOMMB!(NONE 12/12 SEED) ill add to the list as I start remembering...

THANKS FOR THE QUIKE REPLY AND AFTER HEARING THAT I THINK I WILL LET MY LITTLE LADY GROW LIKE NORMAL:rolleyes: I GUESS IM JUST IN A RUSH TO GET MY OWN BUD QUIKLY HOW OLD SHOULD I LEAVE THE PLANT UNTIL I CAN TOP IT?

great;) yes, yo dont want to be in a hurry, or youll have hurry buds:eek: even is its a first grow, is doesnt mean it will be bad, YOU spend the time AND $, and they retuned the favor. I topped one of my plants too, I did it at around a ft tall. I would wait till you have atleast 10 alternating branchs first, pack on those bud sites first.. if you need some help when the time comes, PM me.

You should also try to get yourself some sort of HID light. That is much better than floros for flowering. You could veg them with the floros and flower them with the HID and that would increase your yield by a whole lot. I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted on what you decide to do. Take care and be safe.

I WILL INVEST IN SOME TYPE OF HID BUT I DONO WHEN I CAN GET IT :rolleyes: ANYWHO BACK TO THE GROW IM POSTING QUIKLY CAUSE IM GETTING READY TO GO TO COLLEGE OK

THIS MORNING MY BABY GAL(HOPEFULLY) HAS BROCK GROUND I TOOK PICS BUT CAN SOMONE EXPLAINE HOW TO RESIZE MY PICS CAUSE THEY ARNT UPLOADING BECAUSE OF THAT
PEACE:cool: PLEASE HELP ME ALONG THE WAY WITH THIS ONE GUYS:D :D :D

hey mrgreenie...thanks for the rep...ill update my gj tomorow for ya :) but so far everythings going great with my 12/12 grow....good luck man!

A 70 watt hps security light from your local Home Depot would be a decent choice. Add your flouros for more lumens if you want. Around here they go for $70 Canadian. Replacement bulbs are 14.99 or something like that. They are pretty small compared to the bigger wattages, but some growers on this board can do quite well with anything they can get their hands on. I like this guy's grow he's got. link It has a 6300 lumen output. Since you're a beginner, you wouldn't have to worry about heat as much using this lamp, plus you get a decent lumen output. (Better wattage to lumen ratio than CFLS). But I'm just rambling on, you could always just hop up your flouros some. All the best of luck to ya, just don't over-water your little fellas. They are quite sensitive to that.

its been 2 days since my baby gal has seen cfls:p i finally was able to resize my pics:ignore: so here she is.........and when should i start nutes?

Picture 074.jpg

Picture 077.jpg

Picture 076.jpg

dont start nutes for awhile, it will get everything it needs from the soil, watch for signs of nute deficiencies. your plant still needs to be sexed too:rolleyes: so you might not even be pulling any buds, just seeds... starting 1/4 strength nutes around 8 inchs is ok depending on your grow situation ie strain.

im pretty sure SHE'LL be a SHE lol...any ways how does she look...and the strain is super skunk so does that change anything bout nutes? o and even if you have only ONE MALE do you still get seeds?

that one male, wont grow bud, it will grow seeds. Also that one male plant will pollinate your one female, leaving you with seeded bud, and a male plant. If its male, you wont get buds... It looks small, and its pretty much a 50/50 chance on it become female, and if its a feminized seed chances are it can turn hermie. So how do you know that seedling will be female?? no nothing changes, dont use nutes for a long time...

Latest posts

Back