First dwc grow and i screwed up!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kctats13

Reaction score
Damn im pissed!! But i guess you learn from your mistakes.
So im doing my first DWC grow.
Ive got OG kush clones growing in 18 gal rubbermaid containers with 4 per container in 6" net pots.
So i had the clones growing in 2x2 rockwool and then i put them in the hydroton and theyve been growing great.
Ive got 16 plants in a 5x8 room and i super cropped them so the whole room is full and the plants are basically crowding each other. This is the 2nd week of flowering so the plants are carrying a little more weight then usual.
so i tried to move the containers around to make more room and all the damn branches just started folding over and breaking!
And the plants fell completely over in the hydro ton.
could it be cause i supercropped them the branches didnt develop enough to hold the weight??
Ive got 2- 600 watt hps hortilux lights over them so i dont think they were stretching for light.
I tied them all up the best i can but probobly 1/3 of the branches (all lower ones) had to be cut off. And now the tops are slumped over.
So what do you guys think?? Did i probobly screw my whole crop??
Whats the best way to grow DWC without having to worry about weak limbs? Or do most DWC plants have to be tied up?
I now know next time i should probobly use 4x4 rockwool to hold the plant bettr.
Thanks

1 plant per 5 gallon bucket works great for me

By the way the plants are about 32" tall right now

How are the branches? Are they pretty strong?
I was thinking i should of used 5 gallon buckets.
It would of been easier to move around too

well I would say you vegged them way to long if you have that many at that height in a 18 gallon tub..do you have a fan oscillating back and forth over?

ive got a fan but its not oscillating. does that help alot in strengthening the branches?

Oscillating fans are a good idea, in nature wind strengthens the branches and wind makes it harder for pests to gain a foothold on your plants.

Latest posts

Back