Humidity in grow room has somehow shot up !

Ragamuffin

Reaction score
Iv been using the same grow room since I started my first grow roughly a year ago . The humidity in that room was always somewhere between 50-65% but now that I have three new plants in there all roughly 4-8 weeks from finishing and the humidity reader is saying 80% which is way too high . I have a fan in there which has always been there , I’m wondering if maybe because it’s winter and it rains constantly here the humidity outside will be very high compared to the summer when it was pretty dry most of time . It’s basically a big walk in cupboard, I’m going to try leaving the big door to the room open and see if the extra air flow helps but I’m kinda stuck . Like I say it’s been fine for months and months , I have put two cheap desposible dehumidifiers in the room to see if that helps . I may take everything out and see if maybe iv overwatered them at some point and maybe it’s seeped and and soaked the flooring . Any ideas would
Be great as these three plants look amazing and don’t want mould . I was noticing my plants were sweating a few weeks ago so iv started leaving the tent door open a wee bit . Thanks in advance

WeedHopper

Staff member
Reaction score

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
Might have to get a small dehumidifier.

I just started using this dehumidifier in my little auto tent. It collects about a cup of water a day and brought down my humidity about 20 points to just over 50%

bigsur51

Reaction score
Might have to get a small dehumidifier.

this

and remember , do NOT use the humidifier water on your plants

pute

One Toke Over The Line
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like you have fans and dehumidifier but did I miss an exhaust fan? Early in the morning, I am sure I missed it. Without an exhaust fan the humidity in my flower tent would be over 80%.

RosterMan

COFFEE BREAK IS OVER BACK ON YOUR HEAD
Reaction score
I just started using this dehumidifier in my little auto tent. It collects about a cup of water a day and brought down my humidity about 20 points to just over 50%
I have this same one and it could not handle a 4x4 tent humidity control in flower of 4 good sized plants

bigsur51

Reaction score
I have this same one and it could not handle a 4x4 tent humidity control in flower of 4 good sized plants

how high was your outdoor humidity?

I had to use one in Oklahoma where the humidity was constantly around 60-80%

out here on the high plains , I have to use a swamp cooler to raise the humidity

bragging and not complaining here , I love the low humidity , I can spray and water in excess and no worries

in 13 years I have only had pm on an indoor grow and Oxidate took care of that

bigsur51

Reaction score
My tent is 2x4 and I got this dehumidifier at the thrift store. It was new in the box for cheap 3.99. So far it’s working good I think. I’ve been emptying it once a day

gotta love thrift store finds!

we shop the only goodwill in 60 miles and have found some great deals

RosterMan

COFFEE BREAK IS OVER BACK ON YOUR HEAD
Reaction score
how high was your outdoor humidity?

I had to use one in Oklahoma where the humidity was constantly around 60-80%

out here on the high plains , I have to use a swamp cooler to raise the humidity

bragging and not complaining here , I love the low humidity , I can spray and water in excess and no worries

in 13 years I have only had pm on an indoor grow and Oxidate took care of that
Mostly 70% or higher in summer time

bigsur51

Reaction score
We love the good will store. That’s kind of our fun thing to do is looking for great bargains at the thrift stores.

i get a kick out of buying designer clothes for men

so far I have found a few Pendletons , some Perry Ellis , and lots of Colombian

I once bought some ostrich skin Justin cowboy boots for $5 bucks..the tops were green lol

another good buy was a mens red plaid bathrobe for $5 bucks..made by Pendleton..costs about $129 bucks new

pute

One Toke Over The Line
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
i get a kick out of buying designer clothes for men

so far I have found a few Pendletons , some Perry Ellis , and lots of Colombian

I once bought some ostrich skin Justin cowboy boots for $5 bucks..the tops were green lol

another good buy was a mens red plaid bathrobe for $5 bucks..made by Pendleton..costs about $129 bucks new
Bathrobe? Are you a streaker.....the terror of town......

Bubba

Reaction score
Sounds like you have fans and dehumidifier but did I miss an exhaust fan? Early in the morning, I am sure I missed it. Without an exhaust fan the humidity in my flower tent would be over 80%.
Exhaust should go outside your room. If humidity in whole house is 80%, you are not going to lower it without dehumidification.

I'm waiting for cold weather, coming up shortly for me!

Bubba

Latest posts