Humidity too low?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgutta420

Reaction score
I’m at where I’m at and I’ll be where I be
So as you can see from photo, my humidity has been hovering the low 30’s for the last few days or so. It usually sits between 40 & 50 but the last few days it's dropped. Humidity outside right now is 72% and I haven't changed anything about my ventilation. I've tried a bucket of water inside the tent and I've tried spraying the walls. Don't want to spraying the plant directly. I guess my question is...is it too low or will it be fine? I hear and read so much about the dangers of high humidity but hadn't really heard anything about it being low. Plant seems happy and no worse for the wear...am I overthinking it here? On the plus side I guess I don't have to have an worries about mold right?

Attachments

• 8B4CB6A0-1A7D-4015-8090-13C60D8171F6.jpeg
    8B4CB6A0-1A7D-4015-8090-13C60D8171F6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I'm no expert, but I've chased this dragon. Here's my bottom line on it.. you'll be ok. The plant will probably drink more, but it will not suffer. This grow (and other winter grows), my humidity has been from low 40's to (currently) 18% at 80-85 degrees the whole time... and everything is doing great. Just make sure leafs are not trying to be lovers and not friends (air flow & sweat), and your plant(s) will take care of the rest.

I’ve run at 85F many times the entire grow as my tent is in the utility room and in the winter there is a lot of heat going on in there. I’ve usually been satisfied with my grows and can’t blame the temps on the grows but my own inexperience or Mother Nature. I don’t think you should worry about your humidity as much as you are stressing out about it. imo, your plants will get use to their environment and figure it all out. You may not get the pretty purple colors in your weed as it takes some cooler temps for that but mine has all been very nice quality weed and I think yours will be too.

So as you can see from photo, my humidity has been hovering the low 30’s for the last few days or so. It usually sits between 40 & 50 but the last few days it's dropped. Humidity outside right now is 72% and I haven't changed anything about my ventilation. I've tried a bucket of water inside the tent and I've tried spraying the walls. Don't want to spraying the plant directly. I guess my question is...is it too low or will it be fine? I hear and read so much about the dangers of high humidity but hadn't really heard anything about it being low. Plant seems happy and no worse for the wear...am I overthinking it here? On the plus side I guess I don't have to have an worries about mold If you are in tent, slow down or shut off your exhaust.

We all shoot for perfect environmental conditions in our grow areas but we all have grown in less than perfect conditions. In low humidity, the plants won’t transpire as much as they could do they might slow down a little but it is unlikely you would notice slightly slowed growth unless you are in laboratory conditions and are comparing weights of perfect vs imperfect conditions. I would always hope for low humidity(as you pointed out, less likelihood of mold) as opposed to high humidity. The temps are a bit warm as pute said but not a deal breaker. When I have high temp issues in my tent, I try to vent my exhaust hose outside of my grow area(I have a dryer type of vent I can hook up my exhaust duct to so the hot air goes outside). RH will rise when your temperature falls and visa versa.
63C1D892-8D8F-493E-8FCD-AB9D44CB0C4B.jpeg

Bottom line is your plant should be fine.

So as you can see from photo, my humidity has been hovering the low 30’s for the last few days or so. It usually sits between 40 & 50 but the last few days it's dropped. Humidity outside right now is 72% and I haven't changed anything about my ventilation. I've tried a bucket of water inside the tent and I've tried spraying the walls. Don't want to spraying the plant directly. I guess my question is...is it too low or will it be fine? I hear and read so much about the dangers of high humidity but hadn't really heard anything about it being low. Plant seems happy and no worse for the wear...am I overthinking it here? On the plus side I guess I don't have to have an worries about mold right?
I have no problem with humidity in the 30s. Don't have to worry about mold.

We all shoot for perfect environmental conditions in our grow areas but we all have grown in less than perfect conditions. In low humidity, the plants won’t transpire as much as they could do they might slow down a little but it is unlikely you would notice slightly slowed growth unless you are in laboratory conditions and are comparing weights of perfect vs imperfect conditions. I would always hope for low humidity(as you pointed out, less likelihood of mold) as opposed to high humidity. The temps are a bit warm as pute said but not a deal breaker. When I have high temp issues in my tent, I try to vent my exhaust hose outside of my grow area(I have a dryer type of vent I can hook up my exhaust duct to so the hot air goes outside). RH will rise when your temperature falls and visa versa. View attachment 315954
Bottom line is your plant should be fine.
My temps are 75 during lights on and drops to about 67-69 during lights off. I think the confusion about high temps came from @spunom setup. I appreciate the detailed graph and input…you da man!

I’m just gonna let it ride then guys. I appreciate all of the input and you guys are leagues ahead of me in terms of experience. She’s looking real nice (imo) and frosting up real good. I still don’t see actual buds (compared to other photos you guys post and throughout this site), all I appear to see are white pistils. At 3 weeks in (5 if you count when I first flipped 12/12) I just thought there would be, well, more. Hopefully they’ll fatten up nice in the coming weeks…it is starting to faintly smell though. This morning when I opened the tent it hit me and when I tucked some of the larger fan leaves down it was pretty strong on my fingers. I guess I’m just so anxious as this is my first grow and the suspense is killing me 😵‍💫

Currently I have the lights in for 11:45 minutes and off for 12:15. In 2 more weeks I plan on switching it to 11/13 and then a week after that switching to 10/14 until it finishes. I know it’ll reduce yields a bit so that’s why I’m going to let it grow as much as possible before making that switch. Anyway, I’m rambling. Merry Christmas to all and I hope everyone has a wonderful day and Santa brings you everything your heart desires! One Luv.

Latest posts

Back