First grow Need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Wetdog. This water had been sitting out for several days. I can figure out how to lower the pH. For now, I have several gallons of distilled water.

I've been looking at my temps. My thermostat and thermometer were in the top of the grow room and everything was set to keep the temps between 72 and 78.

I moved the thermometer to the bottom of the room, under the lights. With the exhaust fan off, the temp readings were near 100. The thermometer was picking up air temp plus the radiant heat from the lights. So, I now have the exhaust fan running 24/7 and I have a small fan for circulation. I have one plant in the grow room now and it seem to be Ok.

Here's my question. This morning, the temp is 80 degrees at the bottom. When I put the thermostat behind the mylar to block the radiant heat, it reads about 55. So, what does the plant care about? The weather has been mild lately but when a cold front hits (in a few days), the air temp will be much lower than 55.

The plant cares about the temp it is in, not the one behind the mylar.
I would suggest putting the thermometer or thermostat in amongst the plants, thats the temp you, and they are interested in. I have one taped to a cane that sits at canopy height in my flowering room.
Try to set your circulation fan so it is blowing across the top of your canopy. Someone once told me that if the canopy should be constantly moving, strenghens stems and circulates air, sounded good to me.
Peace
Woody

Classic,
Don't give up, you really put a lot of thinking and work into your new grow. You will get it. The only thing I can add is that too much water and not enough water look the same. I would let them dry out a little, meaning when you stick your finger in the pot you don't feel moisture till your up to your knuckle.
Hang in there, you are doing fine, it will get better.

woodydude said:
The plant cares about the temp it is in, not the one behind the mylar.
I would suggest putting the thermometer or thermostat in amongst the plants, thats the temp you, and they are interested in. I have one taped to a cane that sits at canopy height in my flowering room.
Try to set your circulation fan so it is blowing across the top of your canopy. Someone once told me that if the canopy should be constantly moving, strenghens stems and circulates air, sounded good to me.
Peace
Woody

Thanks, Woody. I'm about to conclude that my problem was in putting the thermostat in the top of the room. Heat rises, you know? I forgot about the radiant heat. I'm going to move the thermostat below the lights and see what happens. Thankfully, we're having wonderful 70 degree sunshine these days. My plants are happily outside while I experiment with the room.

Rosebud said:
Classic,
Don't give up, you really put a lot of thinking and work into your new grow. You will get it..
Thanks for the kind words. I'm an engineer. I'm afraid that over thinking is part of my problem.

Latest posts

Back