First time grower with red stems/yellow/spotting leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That leaf tip burning is the confirmation that the plants have suffered over-nute damage. That is a classic sign of what happens when a plant is given too much nitrogen (which MG soil/nutes are notorious for being way too hot for MJ). I suspect that the other deformities are from the root damage as well. I personally would get some root tonic like "Root66" from Technaflora, or "Biotone". If you are going to go with the FFOF soil then I would suggest that you go with the FF brand suppliments and get some mychorrizae which is a microbe formula that will help both the plants and the soil. I still would not feed them anything at this point unless it is a root tonic that will help them rebuild their roots as they have suffered serious root damage and it will take some time for them to repair. Feeding them now would only hurt them worse.

So do not transplant itno FFOF at this point? Just try to find the stuff to help the roots?

No dont transplant they're already over fed ffof is a hot soil for seedlings, it will more than likely kill them if they're over fed now.. I have my seedlings in ffof and they are doing alright but they werent over fed when I put them in.

if you feel the need to transplant put them in solocups with inert soil (like promix or some people use a seed starter mix)

I think your seedlings might be laying down because they are top heavy and dont have the strength to hold them self up, like Hush said, its probably from root damage as your roots are what help the plant stand strong... I had mine do that and I just bunched up some soil to help them stand... of course my seedlings are stretching like a rubber band (because they're outside and not getting enough hours of light as it is) and I caught them before they were completely fallen over.

So just give them some of that ff root drench for now to rebuild their roots? When they are doing better then transplant?

Yup transplant when you see a decent number of roots coming out from the bottom of your soil plug things you got goin on there. I transplanted a little too early with my seedlings and it slowed their growth big time. In due time your little plants should recover.

Goodluck!

Okay so I just dosed the FF Root Drench and will wait a couple days and see how they pull through. They are looking a little better every since the soil dried out. I really hope they start to perk back up and start growing again.

After they seem good should I then transplant them into FFOF?

The Silver Bullet Special said:
Yup transplant when you see a decent number of roots coming out from the bottom of your soil plug things you got goin on there. I transplanted a little too early with my seedlings and it slowed their growth big time. Im due time your little plants should recover.

Goodluck!

Thank you. There are a lot of roots coming out of the bottom actually.... Should I wait a little before I transplant?

Yeah give that root drench stuff a few days to work. There may be roots coming out the bottom but they're still shocked right now.

Yeah give that root drench stuff a few days to work. There may be roots coming out the bottom but they're still shocked right now.

Okay thanks! I will keep you guys posted. Thanks to all for all the help so far!

"I don't know what they put in the FF stuff" haha but dang these plants are loving it. I swear they grew like an inch over night.

Well I transplanted and all went really smooth. They were looking really good and healthy from the fox farm root drench and the roots were coming out of the bottoms of the pots. I will post pics up later on. Probably will be in shock for a little while anyways.

Are you plants finally standing up or are they still limp? lol

They are standing up and growing like crazy. Thanks to all the help on here thus far everything is looking really good.

Check these guys out!!!! Looking good?

DSC00706.JPG

DSC00707.JPG

DSC00708.JPG

Oh yeah, they are going now. :aok: Good recovery. Be patient and let the kids tell you what they want and they will reward you later. :)

Plants are looking even better and have grown a lot more.

I have a quick question about lights. Basically.... should I upgrade from the FL? I have 3 100w FL and I am worried that this will not be enough and that the light won't penetrate down as the plants continue to grow.

Are there other lights out there that are "better?" Any that take less energy.... a light that does not have to be inches from the plants? I don't want to cause an energy spike or anything. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

EDIT: Right now I can tell that the plants that are furthest from the light source are "bending" towards the light. I want to eliminate this by putting a light at the top of the tent.

Latest posts

Back