First Time Harvesting And Drying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikedCola

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen my first time growing thread, with the little microcontroller-controlled light and timer. Ive finally (yay!) gotten to the point where they are ready to be harvested.

The first batch of plants have been drying for about 4 days now (trimmed and hung upside down in a dark, mild closet), but the buds are bone-dry, and you could put an eye out with the stems! Bending them causes them to snap when bent more than a few degrees, so this tells me theyre done. But am I leaving them to dry too long? Ive never seen bud this dry.

I also did some searching, and found people suggesting adding a few drops of water, or lettuce, to a bag and putting the buds in there to re-hydrate them. Is this something I should be doing pre-, post-, or during curing, to help get moisture back?

It sounds like they dried too quickly. You can now put them into Mason jars if you have them. Yes, you can rehydrate those a bit before putting them into jars. Make sure that they're dry inside too before re-hydrating them. If you put them into a jar and close the lid, after some time ( I don't know, maybe 12 hours) open the jar. I've put buds into jars thinking they were dry. I opened the jar the next day to find that the moisture inside the buds had worked its way to the surface of the bud. That's just my opinion; wait for other replies.

I put freshly cut apple slices in my jars to add moisture. Just lay one on top of the buds, close the top and check it in an hour. Remove if ready, or wait longer. Overnight is likely too long and the apple starts to mold, not what you want in the jar. I have had 1/2 gal. jars lose 2 grams, then get it back in a couple hours with the apple slices moisture added.

Latest posts

Back