Flower on their side

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afrikaaner

Reaction score
i have often wondered if this would be a feasable method to grow HUGE plants insdoors.

Lets say you want to grow some sativa like arjan's haze 1 that can grow several meters, but you cant grow anywhere outside,
so you start it upright, like a normal plant, and let it grow to the ceiling straight up, or perhaps set the light off to one side so most growth occurs on one side of the plant. then, once you switch to 12/12 lighting, lay it on its side, either on the floor or suspended slightly off the floor or something, and leave the light above it, letting all the growing tips get even exposure
to your 1000 watt sun. then the stretch will have almost the full height of the room to grow into (more or less). I imagine this would result in something like a scrog, and with the combination of some careful lst, i think this could result in HUGE indoor sativas with equally huge harvests...

anyway, let me know what you all think

Dude, it's feasible, going to be hard to water :D You could cover the top that is a side now and put holes in the top of the pot(that was the side of the pot before) to water, and bottom for drainage.
I would just grow scrog or LST. If you lay it on it's side you'll have a lot of lower branches either out of the light or squished. Some could possibly be trained and they will eventually grow up. At least with LST or scrog you already have the plant growing in the orientation you want... it might be a cool experiment for ya though, good luck ... :D

lmao didnt think about watering the plant. a very valid point. if i ever have an extra plant or something, i'll give this a go and post some pics/results.

you would need a giant container for the roots.

Perhaps if you trained it from the beginning it is possible. I always grow my plants flat. You can get a much larger yield if you grow your plants flat, all the branches will grow straight upwards and will resemble a SOG when the time comes....

If you do try this method I have to see pics of it.

Latest posts

Back