Flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havingfun

Reaction score
Well just put 4 Blue Mystics and 2 Swiss Cheese it to 12/12 today. So hoping in 8-9 weeks time to cut. Have a area blocked of using Panda Film 5'x5' I know it is not ideal with a 600 watt HPS but figure to flower 6 plants at one time that is what I will need. All plants are now 18"-20". So if my reading serves me right I should keep feeding them my Flora Nova Grow for 2 weeks then switch over to the Bloom?

If you can get that down to a 4x4 area you will be a lot better off. 600W HPS is good for 90,000 lumens. A 5x5 needs 125,000 lumens...Min. So you are way under lit. 4x4 brings you in at +10,000 lumens. (80,000 needed)

I don't use the 2 part nutrients so not sure on that front. I know they recommend a transition period from veg to flower but honestly I just switch it up when I flip the lights to 12/12. I go right to a flower mix. Also don't put too much stock into breeder listed flower times. They usually go an extra week to 10 days IMHO.

Ok thank you. For your reply. I will see what I can do to drop it down to 4x4 but worried that 6 plants could use that extra 4 sg feet.

Havingfun said:
Ok thank you. For your reply. I will see what I can do to drop it down to 4x4 but worried that 6 plants could use that extra 4 sg feet.

We understand that it would be nice to have the extra 4 sq feet of room for your plants, but being under underlit for your square footage is just gonna leave you with airy underdeveloped buds... you want a minimum of 5000 lumens per square foot.... :48:

Havingfun said:

It is not an extra 4 sq ft, it is 9 sq ft. Trying to make your light cover more area than it should or crowding your plants together WILL hurt your yield. Your yield has more to do with the light and space you use than the number of plants you have. If you stay with 25 sq ft, you are going to have to add more light. Put a 600W in a 25 sq ft space, you are down to 3600 lumens per sq ft--not enough. If you cannot fit 6 plants in a 4 x 4 space, get rid of one or 2. Six overcrowded plants will probably yield less than 4 plants with enough room.

depending on how bushy they are you should be able to get 6 in a 4x4 area, if you cant i do agree with THC you will do better with 5 plants in a properly lit room than with 6 and underlit.

You have an advantage, hamsters are used to working in small spaces :hubba:

I have 2 5x5 tents and 1 4x4 tent, and in each tent I only run 4 plants. I bush them out and they rock. I am up to 20oz harvests from each tent so far but still improving. :)

Hushpuppy said:
You have an advantage, hamsters are used to working in small spaces :hubba:

I have 2 5x5 tents and 1 4x4 tent, and in each tent I only run 4 plants. I bush them out and they rock. I am up to 20oz harvests from each tent so far but still improving. :)

that is ideal, and awesome, but for someone who finds themselves in this position 6 can fit for this one grow, dont listen to the hamster, he produces large from tiny little pots, we cant all be HL:hubba: , LMAO.

I forget I am one of the few that doesn't use pots over 1 gallon so it does help me get more in there. I have 3 finishing this weekend that went the whole ride in 1/2 gallon pots. They took some serious neglect but will make it across the finish line and with good yields for a 1/2 gallon pot. Will try and snap some pics tonight at lights on. I have to have everything down and lights off by next Friday. Leaving for Negril the next day. I agree with dman, 6 would probably work fine. I certainly wouldn't axe any ladies to get to 4. jmo

Ive squeezed 6 plants into my just over 3.75 ft square space under a 600 and didnt have a problem. Ive also ran 4 in the same space with about the same yield as 6 and the buds were denser all the way around it seemed.

This is 4 Blue Mystic and 2 Swiss Cheese. The BM are really thick plants in 1 gallon pots and the Swiss Cheese are more of a open plant also in 1 gallon pots. I do not see them filling up the space was just doing the 5x5 just in case. But they look like there is still a lot of room in the 4x4. My light is the umbrella style and it is 42" across.

If you still have good space in the 4x4 with 6 plants then you are in good shape because it won't stay that way, especially with the BM as that one likes to get real branchy and stretch out. I say watch them closely and cut off any of the lower branches and even some of the upper branches that are smaller so that you thin the bushing some. this will allow more light down into the canopy rather than a solid sea of green. By doing the strategic cutting, you will create larger fuller buds on those branches that are coming up, and removing the under growth will send the grow energy to those upper branches to give you towering buds. :)

Latest posts

Back