Flowering time? Need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MergeLeft

I feel better already!
Reaction score
I've read in grow books that you shoudn't put a plant into flower until it shows pre-flowers, or you may end up with hermaphrodites (yikes that sounds bad!). But I have a 2-chamber hydro grow cab that is programmed for veg on the small side, and the big compartment is 12/12. I had to move a couple plants into the flower side b/c they are blocking the light for the others.

The plant pictured is 2' across & 8" tall!

Should I go for it, or keep the schedule at 6/18 till sex shows?

Bigone2.jpg

You can flower at anytime IMHO. I have never heard of getting hermie plants from flowering to early. ;)

I haven't heard of that either. I waited until I saw alternating nodes before I started to think about flowering. Within a couple of days, all of the plants had preflowers. You may decrease your yield somewhat by putting them into flower early, but I don't think there are any problems other than that.

That said, can't you temporarily reprogram the flower side to veg? Then you could put all of your plants into flower at the same time.

u decide whenever you want the plant to flower remeber depending on how long your vegged the plant for it could double in size once you put it into flowering

I have also read that if you flower before pre-flowers/alt nodes appear chanches are the plant will hermie! Unsure if this is correct or not so I have always waited.
On the other hand, a six year old child cant have a bady because she isnt mature enough, Isnt it the same for MJ, it has to be sexually mature also before fruiting? Question not fact.

That isn't right, CJF. You can go with a 12/12 light period from the beginning. The only thing it will affect is your yield. The plant will not flower until it is sexually mature.

You won't see pre-flowers until you go to 12/12 anyways if i'm right

pre flowers only show on 24/7 or 18/6 lighting if the plant has been ready for the 12/12 for a while.

Every grow ive done pre flowers have started to show from 5+ wks and like I said my post above was a question not a fact, I read it and followed it, it may be right,it may be wr4ong but its given me a plentyful supply of bud for the past year and thats whats important. Their is and always will be lots of conflicting information about growing MJ but hey, thats cool, we all get there in the end.

check this senario...

plants are about 13" tall and its bushin out well.

There are tiny "whisps" that popped up on the stem where the plant branches out.

So what up now??

whitexwidow {TCTB] said:
check this senario...

plants are about 13" tall and its bushin out well.

There are tiny "whisps" that popped up on the stem where the plant branches out.

So what up now??

There is two of them right? I call them bullhorns. They just show that a plant is getting sexually mature I believe.

Also, you will get more/better responses if you start your own thread.

Latest posts

Back