Flowering troubles!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treebeard

Reaction score
Hello. I posted about this a while ago but ive just taken some pictures and wanted everybody eles opinion. basically whats happend is i tried to cut corners and didn't buy a contactor timer and destroyed one of my timers. I didn't know this until a few days ago by which time the light must have been on a couple of full days so the plants have tried to go back to vegative growth . Im about a month into flowering Big bud in a Flood and drain system under 2x 400w HPS. i made it all this way without making too many mistakes and now this happens!!!:hairpull: all the bud sites look really light and the leaves are growing deformed. any ideas??

sorry about poor picture quality, tried using a better camera but the picture size is far too big.

000_1772.jpg

000_1774_edited.jpg

Sup Offspring. The best thing you can do is continue to flower them ladies and hope for no hermies. :shocked:

hey tbg, thanks for the advice :). it seems that the bud sites started to fatten up and now that this has happened they have started to grow upward again. will it affect my yeild that this has happened??

To be honest it looks to me like you have some light leaks on your light cycle. Those plants are trying to revert back into veg. It looks to me like they are confused and have a little to much nitrogen. The tips look slightly burnt.

I would check your room for light leaks. If you don't have them on a TIMER and are just flipping the lights yourself that is prob part of the problem. I don't know if that is even part of it, but it will cause this too.

ANyways i would like to know what the pH is, if you have flushed, and what type of fertilizer do you use chemical or organic?

Also I want you 2 go check for light leaks. Take your plants out and get yourself in the room. turn off the light and wait about 5 minutes for your eyes to adjust.

I bet you got a big light problem when it should be dark.

Offspring_36 said:
hey tbg, thanks for the advice :). it seems that the bud sites started to fatten up and now that this has happened they have started to grow upward again. will it affect my yeild that this has happened??
It's very likely but maybe not. Any stress can affect yield. Man, i'm sorry your timer broke:(. Just put them back into flower and hope for the best like TBG said.

Hey thanks for all the help. I don't exactly know what ph is but its roughly between 5.5 - 6. Im using General hydroponics nutrients. There isnt really a possibility of light leaking in as it has no windows and one tiny little door, it was once my bedroom and when the lights are out its completly dark. Thanks again

lol is it completely dark or have you actually checked for leaks?

without a pH tester how do you KNOW the pH?

A pH soil tester is invaluable to the new grower. I suggest getting one ASAP.

I have litmus stips which give a rough idea but not too exact ;)

Latest posts

Back