flowering weeks/harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

resin ball

Reaction score
say i have some indica dominant going right now and it's been 56 days since i switched the lights to 12/12.the seed packet says flowering time 60-65 days.now does this mean 60-65 days from the time i went to 12/12 or from the time buds began to appear?

most indica flowers in about 60 days(8 weeks) the only real way to tell if your plant is ready to harvest is to examine the Trich's(those crystals on weed) you need a good magnifying glass. you can buy a 30x microscope those work best what you are looking at is the little balls on the end of the trich's if you harvest when they are cloudy you will get a more energetic high if you harvest when they start to turn amber you get a more couch-lock high.

exactly what he said! You should be able to tell by looking at the actual plant.. the times they put on those packages are under different circumstances most likely than what you are. they are quite different from grow to grow!

THC said it. You harvest according to the color of the trichs. Radio Shack sells a decent magnifier that you can use. Here is a picture that will help you with determining when to harvest. Good luck. Take care and be safe.

thanks for all the informative replies, i do understand the trich technique and plan on using it, but nobody shed any light on my primary question of when to start counting the days of flowering.i'm trying to coordinate a harvest window with some personal scheduling.:hubba:

Hi Rez,
I'm not an expert by any stretch but from what i've read you should start counting from the 1st day of the 12/12 cycle. I've got Ed Rosenthals book on indoor cultivation as well as Flowers book on gaining higher yields, and have done a lot of info searching on sites such as this. My baby girls are into thier 3rd week and looking beautiful so i've planned an end of May harvest which will be 10 weeks / 70 days from 1st day of 12/12 light cycle. I got rid of the males as soon as they indicated.
Hope this helps a bit, more experienced growers may say different but that's all I got. Good luck and happy harvests!!

I agree with SativaWeed. I think it begins the day you switch to 12/12. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back