flushing your plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravenspyz7

Reaction score
Hello all i am currently growing an autoflower strain and am close to harvest. I have Clearex which i would like to use but am unsure how to use it. Anyone have any ideas or have used Clearex. Anyone know some good ways on flushing your plants?
Thanks

lol one good way is water water water water. well with clearex its a salt leaching product! use 1 - 2 tablespoons per gallon phed at 6.5! you doing soil right???? 80 - 90% runoff when u use this! you want to stop using nutes atleast 7-10 days before harvest IMO! use clearex once or twice and then water until the end! good luck!

I don't flush. Always ppl arguing here about that. Can you tell Stork from butter? Can you tell Pepsi Light from Coke Zero? Can you tell a plant that's been flushed from one that hasn't?
(Answers: Yes, Yes, No.)

leafminer, i'm not trying to start anything, but I can tell a huge difference in taste. Especially if using chemical ferts. It tastes and burns terrible imo. I flush between veg and bud, and don't feed anything the last 2 weeks except for water. To each their own.

I only flush to get rid of excessive salts in soil or some nute deficiency.

i've used Clearex multiple times in the past for soil and hydro.... my method for both was the same.... about 2 weeks before harvest, 2 back-to-back waters with Clearex.... after that, plain water till finish....

as Albino said, it's a salt leaching solution.... it'll remove any built up ferts from you soil/media, but you still should flush with plain water so the plant will use up the nutes it has stored inside plant, not the soil....

hope that helps a bit!

legalize_freedom said:
leafminer, i'm not trying to start anything, but I can tell a huge difference in taste. Especially if using chemical ferts. It tastes and burns terrible imo. I flush between veg and bud, and don't feed anything the last 2 weeks except for water. To each their own.

I used to think this too. Then about three years ago, hunter caused me to pull a location almost a month early, no flush. After about four weeks of curing (and a seven day hang dry) the taste was gone. But it was the same taste I get from two weeks with a good flush. So while not necessary, it helps the process time wise. Most people don't have the patience to wait four to six weeks to smoke a harvest.

i just stop feeding last 2 weeks,

but i have always wondered what about the lost bud size due to not feeding the last 2 weeks, maybe i will try a flush next time, do a side by side maybe.

Mistrising, I'd agree with you because you are talking about outdoor plants, when I was doing my guerilla growing, I didn't flush, because the earth takes care of leaching that stuff out. But with growing indoors I believe in a good flush, and a good cure. My best friend did neither on his grows, and his weed tasted like chemicals...now I don't know if that is because of the flush or the cure or probably a bit of both. I do know that the Afghani #1 I have had for years tastes way better grown outdoors than indoors. But when grown indoors the first time I used FFnutes, with no flush, and I could taste the fertz. the next 3 grows I flushed and can tell a world of differnce...it still not the same as outdoors, but alot closer. I cure all of mine for at least a month...and longer. I agree with you on the cure!

legalize_freedom said:
Mistrising, I'd agree with you because you are talking about outdoor plants, when I was doing my guerilla growing, I didn't flush, because the earth takes care of leaching that stuff out. But with growing indoors I believe in a good flush, and a good cure. My best friend did neither on his grows, and his weed tasted like chemicals...now I don't know if that is because of the flush or the cure or probably a bit of both. I do know that the Afghani #1 I have had for years tastes way better grown outdoors than indoors. But when grown indoors the first time I used FFnutes, with no flush, and I could taste the fertz. the next 3 grows I flushed and can tell a world of differnce...it still not the same as outdoors, but alot closer. I cure all of mine for at least a month...and longer. I agree with you on the cure!

Got me there, I have very little experience indoor, and when I did I watered with molasses a lot. So, I think that may have accomplished the same result as an actual flush.

ravenspyz7, sorry for taking this somewhere besides your original question.

well i just harvest some palnts outdoor that were in some pots and i flushed the first batch and it tasted good nice and sweet, just a couple weeks early! so then 2 weeks went by and i think i fed twice or so and i didnt flush and i picked all the plants that I DID NOT FLUSH and i got to say its nasty and a lil harsh, burns the throat and im assuming thats from the chemicals of the nutes and everything! i still have the preme stuff i flushed and picked and it tastes alot smoother!

so i would say flush flush flush!!!!! IMO and probally alot of other peoples opinion! ill make a poll, check it out in the indoor section and watch wat everyon on this forum says about flcuhing and watch the % rate

Latest posts

Back