FNG here, hello!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trophyhunt

Reaction score
FNG here, looking for advice on growing outdoors issues. Just a simple grower for the law that surfs forums, I keep it legal here in Wa. First time outdoor grower, it’s been pretty interesting, and frustrating at the same time. When I have more time I’ll ask more questions, I have lots of questions. First is, why do my plants after drying in a room that is blacked out, temp set at 73 and lower, in my house, smell like chemicals after hanging? And it only takes 4-5 days and they get crispy dry on the outside? Not much sticky or skunky smell at all!!???

Thanks
Cool. Hope you enjoy the Passion. Wouldn't worry about the Popo. They don't have time for small growers nor to search the thousands of pot sites on the net.
, I’m only growing what I can but just wanted to throw that out there, lol!

Hey Th , you need to look for posts on drying and curing . Those steps are crucial for the best overall smoke and taste . As for the chemical smell and taste , I can only wager a guess.....runnin` ferts hard right up to harvest and not gettin` `em flushed outta` the plant . As far as dryin` out really fast to the point of being crispy.....it may be 73 , but you hafta` have humidity in the 60% range imo . Lack of humidity will crisp a bud to its core !

peace

Hey Th , you need to look for posts on drying and curing . Those steps are crucial for the best overall smoke and taste . As for the chemical smell and taste , I can only wager a guess.....runnin` ferts hard right up to harvest and not gettin` `em flushed outta` the plant . As far as dryin` out really fast to the point of being crispy.....it may be 73 , but you hafta` have humidity in the 60% range imo . Lack of humidity will crisp a bud to its core !

peace
Thanks for the reply!

Ugh, have a bunch of weed that smells like hay. Had a couple friends try it and they said it wasn’t bad, 5 out of 10. I’ll take that for my first attempt but anything I can do or add to this stuff to make it smell better?

Hi! Welcome!

Drying and curing can make or break a good product, imho. I'm with @burnie, humidity is important. I usually don't go as high as 60%. I try to stay around 50% because mold spores love humidity at 55% or higher.

How long have they been drying and still smell like hay?

Ugh, have a bunch of weed that smells like hay. Had a couple friends try it and they said it wasn’t bad, 5 out of 10. I’ll take that for my first attempt but anything I can do or add to this stuff to make it smell better?

no

i would give it to my chickens

81683C38-0E22-4008-83F7-712FFE1E20F4.jpeg

You may try a longer cure (2-3 months) to see if it comes around.

Welcome!

Latest posts

Back