Rain, Humidity, and Rot 😩

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kneecole

Reaction score
SOS ⁉️New grower here. I am in zone 6a/6b. We have had a lot of rain and lately it’s been around 82% humidity. We are supposed to get more rain this weekend and I am traveling 10/19 to 10/26. I am seeing what I think is bud rot. The brown pulls off very easy. It also rained this morning and there is not an ounce of sunshine or air movement.

Questions….
1. Should I harvest now and remove all of the brown buds? This would allow me to dry them prior to my trip.

2. Thoughts on wet trimming vs dry trimming due to current conditions and my planned trip.

I do have a dehydrator. I read that people use that method on a very low setting. I am not sure if that is frowned upon by “professionals” 🥰

I will be devastated if I ruin this grow as I only grow outdoors.

Any suggestions, advice, scolding, cheek pinching, etc. are welcome!!! 🙏🏽

Photos with the blue circles are the problem ladies.

Attachments

• IMG_0869.jpeg
    IMG_0869.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0870.jpeg
    IMG_0870.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0871.jpeg
    IMG_0871.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0872.jpeg
    IMG_0872.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Hi kneecole. you need to remove all the moldy parts of the plant as soon as possible and if you cannot change the environment then you will get more mold. if you are close to the finish, then just harvest them. dry them quickly at first in a room with a dehumidifier if possible. remove as much leaves as you can to dry them faster. after days of that you can cure them slowly in jars.

Hi kneecole. you need to remove all the moldy parts of the plant as soon as possible and if you cannot change the environment then you will get more mold. if you are close to the finish, then just harvest them. dry them quickly at first in a room with a dehumidifier if possible. remove as much leaves as you can to dry them faster. after days of that you can cure them slowly in jars.
Thank you @zem. My dehumidifier is in my very wet basement (I thought I lived in NY, not WA). Do you think I should wet trim and watch them like a hawk until I leave?

Welcome. kneecole. Do what Zem says. Get as much of the foliage off as you can. Sorry you are having these issues. What a drag. I hate to see you using a dehydrator but in this situation ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Again I agree with zem....get them somewhat dry and go to jars. Good luck.

Once it starts there is no stopping it unless you control the wet and humidity in the East. I too had to take a plants early this year.
If it was not going to rain the story may be different and you could cut out the effected buds and wash your scissors in ISO alcohol in between cuts, They are in Ground correct?
I had a few in fabric bags and moved them in out of weather after I cut all rot stops off.

All above good advice. I too harvested earlier than I would have with the wet weather. I,would do a wet trim and hang them up if you are close to harvest. And don’t harvest any of that mold. Get all of it off your plant you can. Welcome to the passion kneecole ✌️

Update!! I harvested my girls, gave them a wet trim, and a nice bath. I cut out the rot and they were hanging. They had to come down for a bit because I had a natural gas leak. It’s legal here but still. My boy toy put them in my car!!!! For the love!!! They will be hung back up until tomorrow when the plumber and the electric company comes. Did I mention I am in NY and it’s cold AF?? No heat and No hot water. Could be worse!!! 🌶️
IMG_0963.jpeg

Update!! I harvested my girls, gave them a wet trim, and a nice bath. I cut out the rot and they were hanging. They had to come down for a bit because I had a natural gas leak. It’s legal here but still. My boy toy put them in my car!!!! For the love!!! They will be hung back up until tomorrow when the plumber and the electric company comes. Did I mention I am in NY and it’s cold AF?? No heat and No hot water. Could be worse!!! 🌶️View attachment 343420
Are they totally dry now?
I would get them hung up with a fan on them if you washed and still wet, they will mold if not.

Latest posts

Back