found mushrooms in my soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TITAN

Reaction score
hey everyone.

I just found a mushroom growning in my soil in one of my pots.

I just noticed it today. but I dug around it. the stem of the mushroom is coming 3-4 inches below top.

this is kind of scary to me. is this really dangerous. I know mushrooms can be poisonious. all the soil is dry. watered about 2 days ago

any advice would be great.

i dont know id wait for one of the guys on hear like hick he knows a lot about stuff like this and see what he says because i thought mushrooms grew in fungis and i dont know why ud have fungis in ur grow,,,Irealy dont know tho

thanks, hopefully someone can give some experience

There have been a few folks that have had them appear inn their soil. "I" don't think they're an issue...BUT... IMHO 'shroms need a much moister environment to grow, than mj. If you have shrooms, you most likely have kept the medium too moist.

to start a mushroom spore you pretty much NEED mould.... i know someone that grew em a few times.... I know it is easy to overwater a lil much and have the top of your soil get a lil funky in soil.

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
Just eat it

then it will be gone.....

Don't be eating mushrooms unless you know what type it is. It could kill you!

lol.. I know. I wasn;t planning on eating it

you can die. most mushrooms are deadly in the world

i thought mushrooms grew in fungis

it's like the blind leading the blind:chuck:

its harmless to your plant
cut it and put in back in the pot for the beasties to eat
it's letting you know your soil is happy and healthy

IMHO it sounds like your soil has happy feet :hubba:

like fing said.... feed it back to the beastie's to chew on ;)

grow on :48:

I've grown all different types of shrooms.

What color are your shrooms? Are they a pale green when they popped the soil? or are they skinny browns?

Either way, these do NOT absolutely need moist soils. And it means there is a high nitrogen content in your soil. It will not effect you or your plants in anyway, as a matter of fact, when they die off (if they do) they'll provide an organic compost in themselves.

But if they are the green ones I mentioned, they're pretty cool, they will bloom in the dark phase and be little white umbrella types. The substrate they're in must contain a spore, even if you tried to remove it, there is actually already a bed of fungi in the soil/substrate and they'll keep reproducing.

To get rid of them, you'd have to get all new soil.

Heres a solution, pick them, dry them, and sell them to a high school kid. Then, get a "trip report" from said high school kid.

(Obviously I'm kidding, but jack-in-the-box has to put "Do not drive with ball attached to face" in their commercial. So here is my disclaimer, DONT ACTUALLY DO THIS)

Fadeux said:
Heres a solution, pick them, dry them, and sell them to a high school kid. Then, get a "trip report" from said high school kid.

(Obviously I'm kidding, but jack-in-the-box has to put "Do not drive with ball attached to face" in their commercial. So here is my disclaimer, DONT ACTUALLY DO THIS)

HAHAH omfg i saw that commercial too.... i dont think that being stuck to my head would be that distracting tho..

Back