from bubble clone to soil??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbak67

bobbak67
Reaction score
Ok so I made myself the DIY bubble cloner, in a smaller version, and had instant success. Let my clones get one small 1/4 inch root and transpanted them into soil due to yellowing of the leaves. (thought they might want some good food because of the yellowing.) They are now wilting badly, which never happened when first cut and put into the DIY thingy! Is this normal? Do I need a dome now?

Im confused because I thought after they root they shouldnt wilt??:confused:

Also, how moist should I keep my soil while still creating its root structure?

Thanks in advance for all the help! :eek:

IM000962.JPG

IM000964.JPG

IM000963.JPG

IM000966.JPG

IM000967.JPG

I seem to have the best success after a couple extra days in the cloner. I take them with a few 6 inch long roots or so and transplant them into a very wet medium. They nearly always do wilt a little. Sometimes covering them and misting them helps. Let the medium dry well, they may spring to life. If not, give her a good soak again and repeat the process. Sometimes it mght take a week for positive growth to start.

A little food in your cloner will help keep them from yellowing, not much, 1/8 tsp per gallon or like 300 ppm is probably plenty. You don't want them to grow, just build roots.

Eman:ccc:

You are probably ok, I took some clones I had in DWC last year and put em outside with 0 hardening off time.... they looked so very sad, then picked up and did nicely..... good luck... and thanks for letting me get my first post in....

They should be fine. When i transplant mine from my cloner they wilt a lttle but then snap back.

Latest posts

Back