Geezer Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimB

Reaction score
Another grey geezer checks in here.

Not sure if I'm an old new guy or a new old guy..lets see, old enough to have hoed tobbacco and wish Elvis were still around, young enough to dig chicks shaking their booty!

More and more of my type, Mr Granola Ironworker, have shown up on the high rise steel stacking crews over the years, but late '70's early 80's, thick long down the back braided pony tail hippies on steel crews needed show they could pack serious sand to be accepted. By and by even those who commented poorly re my SEAVET status came 'round.

40+ yrs of hard labor, zero smoking & drinking (other than 20+ yrs medical MJ) mostly vegetarian diet have left me with no change to the ponytail and cardio-pulmanary-blood pressure performance that guys half my age can only wish for.

Alway a BUT, for me my skeleton has been brutally broken, one of those "the docs were amazed, what the ambulance crew scraped onto a board still had a pulse".

Later when the docs told me my skeleton grew back together with some twist to it, I told them, so do old Oak Trees..,

None of the pain meds worked well and ALL had huge negatives so 1980 initiated 20 yrs of MMJ (medical MJ) and I quit year 2000 due to cumulative employment stealth stress, anti-drug war negatives, we all know the tune..,

Next 9 yrs suffered big time and retired (early) in anticipation of, thru my primary care doc, getting legal MMJ recomendation, which I have, WHOOT! WHOOT!

3 months now with MMJ.

After about 1 wk of MMJ use I was able to initiate return to long abondoned stretching therapies followed for so many years with MMJ and unable to endure without.

I'm active in my local MMJ collective community, legally helping others just as legally doctor recommended.

Over the years I've steadily browsed but not joined the good MJ sites, this in my estimation being one, as was Overgrow.

Registering here and joining several nationally recognized (not sure re mentioning their name here) politically involved websites, one at a time about every other week, handwriting a pro MMJ letter to one of my many legislators..,

I expect to limp all the way deep into my age 90's as a hale healthy Mr Granola friend of the earth, committing a major segment of my remaining lifespan to activies in a cause dear to us all.

This website has that same feel, as did Overgrow.

Take care, JimB.

Welcome to MP from another retired person. You sound as if you'll do just fine here.

Welcome to MP Jim, You'll find the people here at MP very helpful and friendly enjoy the forum!

Phatpharmer

Latest posts

Back