Gently aged or fresh uncured weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I was a Deputy (cop) over 20 years ago. I mention it in the last post here: https://www.marijuanapassion.com/th...-barr-supports-states-act.76233/#post-1055160 To the good forums search of posts, it appears that it is the ONLY place I ever mentioned it and then it was in past tense.

I left law enforcement finally around 1995, took some jobs working at Cabela's Sporting , Deli in town I lived and was a machinist, similar to what I did when working at Boeing, Seattle, until laid off in 1999 and started looking elsewhere for work. Finally moved to Michigan and there is a TON of water that has gone under the bridge since then, and I have no wish to spy or give anyone here ill information. In fact, I try to back up some of my statements with links to where I read that information.

WAYYYY off topic. OP was asking about new and old weed, and all I was trying to do was give a little input on what I had researched as of late.

Just remember guys and gals, bias and outlooks change and you all should be VERY happy that a "cop" saw the light and is wanting to join you. Heck, he may even have some valuable advice about dealing with the law.

And @umbra ..... we're good.

My concern is he gives out growing advice, without having any experience. Maybe he would do better listening, rather than speaking. He's still on my ignore list

My concern is he gives out growing advice, without having any experience. Maybe he would do better listening, rather than speaking. He's still on my ignore list

Ask him about his growing experience in general. He may surprise you.

I work every day at the largest winery in the world. It has nothing to do with growing cannabis. If you look at his plants, he is not a good grower. His advice is suspect as is everything about him.

Ah, neat on the winery I wonder if you and he travel in similar circles in real life and don't know it. And while you are being very open with what you think, I hope the other members think for themselves on deciding if a different member, (even a new one) is worth giving equal consideration on various topics that come up.

I don't associate with COPS at work or otherwise and I can actually grow cannabis. So I doubt it.

A bit more about my background is found here in the "Intorductions" threads... https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/come-to-learn-and-share.76070/
I've grown a lot of other stuff than just wine grapes in my years. And I saw plenty of friendly police in Bangor MI at the Green Door festival that was held there on 4-20-19 I went and even though there were many "smoking" there was a friendly happy atmosphere.

Umbra: "I work every day at the largest winery in the world." That would be E&J Gallo in California. I work in Michigan, so two different winery areas. Most of the cellar workers, know nothing of growing grapes, or lab work, which I do now. I started here doing lab work, vineyards management, including planting, spraying, harvesting, etc of the wine grapes. I do mostly lab work as we grew bigger and have a full time vineyard manager now that does pretty much what I was doing.

My "unknown" photoperiod plant is doing great, and I am looking forward to being able to put her outside for the duration of the summer. My Auto OG Kush are also coming along nicely, but I see genetic variability between the 3 Autoflower varieties, which is to be expected from seeds. it is common that seeds will vary from some degree or another to the parent, just because some genes may be more dominant than others. Only cloned versions, such Merlot grape vines, and cannabis grow like the plant they were taken from.

There is no proof. Why would you believe one person's allegation? Remember, they may say you are an undercover FBI agent and you would not like that or that it was believed of you.
Wow Angie, thanks for the talking to! I'm new here not gullible, as far as umber-- "265 for 45 min." yeah right. About believing people I just gotta ask have you ever met people??... enough said.

I am not a cop now. I am an associate winemaker at a winery in SW Michigan since 1999. I was a Deputy in 1985 in Nebraska. I started growing marijuana because I have a change of mind and heart about it and STRONGLY advocate it's use and growing. I have some wonderful looking plants now, and some Autoflower coming along. You should see all the positive Marijuana Facebook posts I put up. Surprised a lot of my family.

Here is a link to the CBN article: https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-cbn-and-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabinoid
Yes, I was a Deputy (cop) over 20 years ago. I mention it in the last post here: https://www.marijuanapassion.com/th...-barr-supports-states-act.76233/#post-1055160 To the good forums search of posts, it appears that it is the ONLY place I ever mentioned it and then it was in past tense.

I left law enforcement finally around 1995, took some jobs working at Cabela's Sporting , Deli in town I lived and was a machinist, similar to what I did when working at Boeing, Seattle, until laid off in 1999 and started looking elsewhere for work. Finally moved to Michigan and there is a TON of water that has gone under the bridge since then, and I have no wish to spy or give anyone here ill information. In fact, I try to back up some of my statements with links to where I read that information.

WAYYYY off topic. OP was asking about new and old weed, and all I was trying to do was give a little input on what I had researched as of late.
AK. sorry if I hurt your feelings, just a knee jerk reaction, my brain to mouth filter sometimes acts like more a weapon of mass destruction. B.T.W if you were the deputy who laughingly let me go with a warning for doing 81 in a 55 when I said I didn't hear my radar detector because I was listening to "I can't drive 55" way to loudly, thanks.
Also I like my wine in a box "sorry boys"

Now worries, Sassy. One time when I "was" a deputy I was going from the County Seat to the next town tot he East and met a car that appeared to be going a bit above the posted speed limit of 55. I clicked and locked the radar and locked at 74mph in a 55 zone. What I Did notice when I passed the car and before getting turned around to stop them was the driver was wearing make-up and had a big bright red wig on. When they pulled over it was pretty clear they were a few guys (4 as I recall) dressed up in Clown outfits. I couldn't help myself... I asked them "Do you clowns know how fast you were going?" They laughed, I laughed and they were on their way to a party. I gave them a verbal and said you might hold it down, there's a State Trooper that patrols these roads and he's not a funny guy. He'd give "ME" a ticket in a heart beat, ...and on their way they went.

Like I said earlier, that was some 20+ years ago.

Glad that MI is on board with the marijuana legalization. Wish more were the same. Nebraska still has hemp illegal in their State laws. Can't wait for the day that the bills is singed into law that says "PROHIBITION IS OVER" no more Schedule 1 !!

You don't have to believe me, I'm more than ok with that ...

Decarboxylation
Posted by skunkpharmresearch
Date: March 07, 2012
in: DIY/How-To, Experiment
(775) Comments

Cannabis produces phyto cannabinoids in a carboxylic acid form that are not orally active at least at the CB-1 receptor sites, because they don't readily pass the blood brain barrier in their polar form.

To enable them to pass the blood brain barrier, they must first be decarboxylated, to remove the COOH carboxyl group of atoms, which exits in the form of H20 and CO2.

Decarboxylation occurs naturally with time and temperature, as a function of drying, but we can shorten the amount of time required considerably, by adding more heat. The more heat, the faster it occurs, within reasonable ranges, and in fact occurs spontaneously when the material is burned or vaporized.

There is another mechanism at play however, which suggests that we need to control the decarboxylation temperatures carefully.

When we heat cannabis to convert the THCA and CBDA into THC and CBD, we are also converting THC to CBN at a faster rate. At about 70% decarboxylation, we actually start converting THC to CBN at a faster rate than we are converting THCA to THC, so as you can see by the following graph, after about 70% decarboxylation, the levels of THC actually start to fall sharply.

That of course means that the CBN also begins to rise and the medication is becoming more sedative.

Thank you Jump 117 for this excellent graph!

Decarboxylation graph

Another fly in the ointment, is that we can never know for sure exactly what the starting state of decarboxylation is, so the times at temperature shown on the graphs are an average.

We can't expect dry material placed in an oven at any given temperature to be that uniform temperature throughout instantly upon placing it in a heated oven, nor know for sure the state of decarboxylation by simple observation.

Decarboxylating plant material, also alters the taste (roasted/toasted), which some find less agreeable, and of course decarboxylating also evaporates away the smaller Monoterpenes and Sequiterpenes alcohols, phenols, ketones, aldehydes, ethers, and esters.

The good news is that it is dirt simple to monitor the state of cannabis oil decarboxylation placed in a 121C/250F hot oil bath, because you can watch the CO2 bubble production.

Just like the curves suggest, CO2 bubble production will proceed at its own observable rate. By keeping the puddle of oil lightly stirred on the bottom and in the corners of the pot (I use a bamboo skewer), so as to keep the bubbles broken free and floating to the top, you can tell exactly when the bubble formation suddenly tapers off at the top of the curve.

That is the point that we take it out of the oil for maximum head effect, and we leave it in until all bubbling stops, if we want a more sedative night time med.

Here are a couple pictures of what oil looks like when boiling off the residual butane. Residual butane or alcohol produces larger, randomly sized bubbles, and is fully purged, when they cease.

I am seemingly missing the middle picture of the CO2 bubbles, so I will add it later, but the second picture shows what fully decarboxylated oil looks like.

Residual solvent bubbles above

Wowee That graph reminds me of the old A.D.A. toothpaste commercial. This proves we're better, and they squirt out a longer line of toothpaste than the other brand . "Stats. say whatever we want them to say".

I have seen that graph as well, recently when I was looking at what would be good use of trimmings. I recognize the Russian text at the bottom. Sassy, you might find this article and link of great use since you are making canna butter. link-> https://wakeandbake.co/decarboxylating-cannabis-to-activate-thc/

The idea of boiling was one of the first times I made up my own 2 CCell cartridges. I had a gram of wax and wanted to decarboxilate it before I put it in the cartridges. Prodably not that necessary, as the vaporizer was/should do that but I wanted to make sure. I watched a Youtube video showing the bubbling and how to gage when to quit. I used a stirring hot plate from work (with stirrer turned off) and set the heat, and measured it with my digital thermometer. Using a small 50ml flask, I added the wax to it and set it on the hot plate and place another 250ml flask on top to help preserve heat. This is the link to the Youtube video I saw, and used their idea. Worked pretty well, but I did not add a lot of "extra" stuff to it, just a few micro drops of a Terpene I had ordered. LINK:

May these links as well as provided info give you fuel for thought.

Also, in the first link I provided, above, the "wakeandbake.co" link, it is a plug for a rather interesting device that would seem to be a better choice than the over or other means for decarboxylation the Nova Decarboxylator. I also did a search on Amazon.com and found it for sale there at $170.00 Unless you are using a lot of trim, or making Rick Simpson Oil, it might be a nice addition for weed consumption. You'll have to decide as I have not tried it yet, but I do have it on my wish list so I won't forget about it.

Latest posts

Back