gettin hold of a gnat problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
hope some might share what they are doing to control gnats---noticed it a week ago---am using sticky tape for flies---tried bowls of cider vinegar, and bowls of beer---neither was very effective---sprayed sm90---didn't work---spent a couple hours chasing them around with the vacume---once i get all that are airborne---new ones are hatching---i have been told that if i lay clean sand on the top of the soil this will deter them---i have also been told that they will still lay their eggs in the sand---i plan on letting the soil dry out before the next watering---but---i need to treat the soil---my next assault will be using gnatrol or beneficial nematodes---any thoughts about these interacting with the beneficial mycorrhizae are appreciated---need some MOJO---:48:

orangesunshine said:
hope some might share what they are doing to control gnats---noticed it a week ago---am using sticky tape for flies---tried bowls of cider vinegar, and bowls of beer---neither was very effective---sprayed sm90---didn't work---spent a couple hours chasing them around with the vacume---once i get all that are airborne---new ones are hatching---i have been told that if i lay clean sand on the top of the soil this will deter them---i have also been told that they will still lay their eggs in the sand---i plan on letting the soil dry out before the next watering---but---i need to treat the soil---my next assault will be using gnatrol or beneficial nematodes---any thoughts about these interacting with the beneficial mycorrhizae are appreciated---need some MOJO---:48:

i had this problem awhile back.. used the sticky tape, "white" sand, the vinegar (make sure u add some dish soap!), turn your fans on higher, they need water to survive so make sure you don't have any outstanding water at the bottom of your soil pot and make sure the top layer of sand is dry.

pests are the worst. sorry man!

.....diatomaceous earth...... 100% organic/problem SOLVED

if you let your soil dry out good, they will be gone, nothing else needed.

Latest posts

Back